PDA

View Full Version : Has there been any thought about adding a feedback forum?

targaboy78
10-21-2004, 10:28 PM
Would it be handy to have a forum where you could add a topic (a User's Name) and then post your reply about a transaction that you had with this person?

Just one topic per person and then other users that have had dealings with that person may add a reply.

Obviously, it is not to be used for flaming people and I don't want to add more work to the administrator's plates by having them edit out the nasty ones.

I've had some very nice dealings with some of the fine folks on this board and I would like to share my stories.

Just a thought.

Paul.

Invigor
10-21-2004, 10:32 PM
sounds dangerous :sad:

Skimmerking
10-22-2004, 04:30 PM
IMO a forum like that wouldnt be good, due to where any one who is selling somthing or trading, probably knows or know or the person. Since this is a very small board and everyone knows everyone its easy to trak down the person..

Just my 2 cents worth...
mike

muck
10-22-2004, 04:53 PM
Creating a user feedback forum would be asking for trouble IMO.
Why not post a positive comment in the thread of the item you purchased from the user instead. :biggrin:

targaboy78
10-23-2004, 02:09 AM
I get the picture. Apparently, it is not a good idea.

I sell and buy lots on eBay (over 2400 items to date) and the feedback rating is one of the final determining factors I look at before I decide to send money to a stranger for a product I haven't seen.

It's cool, I'll just keep my transactions to myself.

Thanks for the input.

Aquattro
10-23-2004, 02:32 AM
The problem with a feedback forum on a board of this size is one bad experience could ruin a seller's future chances of ever dealing on the board again. And it's easy enough to have something go inadvertently wrong with a transaction. On Ebay you get 1 bad comment out of 2400, that's nothing, but here, one bad one could maek up your entire history.
FWIW, I've only heard about one bad transaction on this board in 3 years.