PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for coming

Acro
11-18-2001, 07:00 PM
Taryn and I would like to thank every one for showing up. It was nice to meet everyone and nice to see those that we have met before. I geuss this is the time for some one to stand up for the next meeting geussing perhaps after christmas. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and took something home at least an idea.Well there is still some beer left so I geuss I should drink up I do beleive there is a expiry date on these cans. I hope everyone got what they wanted if not let me know so I can do something for you as there is more room now.Later jamie

BCReefer
11-18-2001, 09:08 PM
Thanks for having us. Your system is superb and I must admit it make me envious but it gives me something to look forward to.

Troy F
11-18-2001, 10:21 PM
Thanks for having me. You and Taryn did a great job. Your tank is awesome. I've waited two years to see it and it lived up!

christyf5
11-18-2001, 10:54 PM
Thanks again Jaime and Taryn. Your tank rocks! I only hope I can have something to rival that someday. Great food, great fun, awesome corals!!

Christy images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PS I still need a frag of that pink birdsnest images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

canadawest
11-18-2001, 11:05 PM
Yes thanks for hosting Jamie and Taryn. It's good to know there is another qualified host/hostess out there, it takes the pressure off me! images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Chilli was excellent, people were excellent, and your setup is excellent.

Hopefully in the coming weeks I'll come by again for some less light dependant frags from you.

Special thanks also to Victor for the frags I got from him, and to Marc for the nice Christmas Coral. See you all at the next one!

Acro
11-18-2001, 11:26 PM
christmas coral? lost me there sounds like santa skipped me this year images/smiles/icon_razz.gif images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

One_Divided
11-18-2001, 11:36 PM
Jamie, Troy, Shane, everyone, I can't thank you enough for the treatment me and Bruce recieved today. Jamie, your tank looked amazing! Kinda depressed me a bit actually! Nice meeting everyone and I hope to make it out to another meeting again soon.

-Adam

PS- monti frags fully opened in about 10 minutes! Man is that pink ever bright.

Acro
11-19-2001, 12:06 AM
hey thanks every one for the kind words one things, somethings that was intresting today was the tank ph droped from 8.00 to around 7.70 just from what seems to be the extra people here co2 I geuss tank ph is rising now something Mark pointed out makes sense but sounds like we might have to put a limit on these meetings this has never happened to me before and the only asnwer seems to point towards you!!!!!!

DJ88
11-19-2001, 12:14 AM
Well ya know that with Marc there he can put out that extra CO2 with all the gabbing he does.. why do ya think his sump is in the next building at his place????? Give him a beer and you can't shut him up..

Hee hee

images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif images/smiles/icon_razz.gif images/smiles/icon_razz.gif images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I did notice that tho.. Was curious about it.
Never thought to ask tho. was too busy talkin.. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

[ 18 November 2001: Message edited by: DJ88 ]

Acro
11-19-2001, 12:38 AM
well darren i will tell you that taryn wishes mark never left cause we had some good theories going and all of a sudden he was gone then taryn suffered cause the talk went on, as far as the ph goes perhaps we will have to purchase re breathers what do you think shane rebreathers? hmmmmmmmmm (dual purpose)

reefburnaby
11-19-2001, 01:35 AM
Hello,

I noticed that too... That...doesn't sound right. How could your Ph drop to 7.7 if you have good alk...you have good alk right ? If your Ph did drop that low...I think your Xenias would have stop pulsing.

Have you had your meter recalibrated and checked ?

Any who....awesome meeting. Too bad my tank is full (20G) and the other one is not ready (90G). Loved the SPSes and the HQIs...too bad the HQIs are so bloody expensive!!!!

- Victor.

Acro
11-19-2001, 09:43 AM
well victor good alk doesn't mean you will have good ph under normal curcumstance yes but if there is more then normal c02 in the room then ph would drop exspecialy with the hi speed of air going into the skimmer co2 will drop ph that is why you use a co2 tank for the reactor. This was somtning new to me but makes perfect sence.as for the probe it has been a long time since calibration but it is close to what it should be perhaaps not 7.7 but none the less it drop by .3 while the lights were on which normally would make the ph rise. I am geussing and would say if I shut off the skimmer before people came that would not have happened. AS far as ph swings go I have had them before with playing around with the reactor and such and have never had anyprobs as far as live stock goes so the xenia comment makes me wonder why you would say that.

SuperFudge
11-19-2001, 05:04 PM
It was good to meet you all,

Sorry if i Yapped too much,but ya gotta give me a break,my other half hates to listen to my reeftalk all the time....so by the time the next meetings roll around,im about to burst!
.....guess i could use some professional help....Naaah,its only a hobby...its only a hobby...its only....

Leftover Beer??
Where?

LOL,Marc.

smokinreefer
11-19-2001, 05:12 PM
rebreather?! i like that idea images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

sounds like you guys a blast. hope i can make it to the next meeting.

later guys.

Reefmaster
11-19-2001, 10:11 PM
i like it jamie. think how much money that would save in air fills! not sure tanja is gonna go for that argument though. as for the ph maybe someone tried to feed your christmas wrasse some of that left over beer...haha, jk, noone would do that unless they wanted to become a chew toy for the rottie!

DJ88
11-19-2001, 11:42 PM
Jamie,

Remember I said I would not remember the name of that one frag? Well guess what.. I can't.. it is the one similar to the cap but a whiteish color..

Hmm guess I could look in my borneman book huh? DUUUHHHH

[ 19 November 2001: Message edited by: DJ88 ]

Acro
11-19-2001, 11:56 PM
merulina amplicata

Tropical Paradise
11-20-2001, 12:48 AM
Wow....sounds like it was a lot of fun!!

Too bad I can't join you guys this time.

I am moving back to Vancouver in...2 weeks...

Meanwhile, I went ot desert in California to see the meteor shower, which was awesome. Hope you guys enjoyed it as well.

Kai-Wei
images/smiles/icon_wink.gif images/smiles/icon_wink.gif