PDA

View Full Version : fahrenheit 9/11

Invigor
10-21-2004, 05:55 AM
FINALLY saw this movie after it being out for ions.

Gotta say it's pretty disturbing that all this "war" is so people can make money from it..and the saudi embassy owns about 7% of the US economy, that's quite the number..$780 billion or something...

it'll be interesting to see if moore's plan to air this on cable tv before the election comes to be.

anyways, two thumbs up!

Quinn
10-21-2004, 05:57 AM
I haven't seen it yet. I really should.

I did, however, see Team America! Hooray (or not) for libertarians.

America, f*ck yeah! Some funny lines.

EmilyB
10-21-2004, 05:59 AM
9/11 wasn't quite the impact for me as bowling for columbine, but it was still pretty revealing....well, if it was true..... :rolleyes: :lol:

Canadian Man
10-21-2004, 06:30 AM
Keep in mind that this movie has an extremely "single sided view". It had some great info, yet still very :rolleyes: single sided. For me it had a very "welcome to our S*&TY society" feel about it.

I agree with Deb. Bowling for colombine impacted me more than 9/11.

Quinn
10-21-2004, 06:35 AM
Moore is definitely a master of splicing.

albert_dao
10-21-2004, 07:17 PM
Bowling for Columbine was so severely flawed. Did anyone else catch this? I mean, for the entire movie, Moore goes about trying to prove that "bullets don't kill people, people kill people". Then whaddayah know, the biggest human victory in the whole flick is buddy coercing K-Mart to pull bullets off their retail lines. That's the climax -- sad.

9-11 is pretty bad too. Let me upload a movie file and share it. I'll be back with it in.... 10 minutes? Haha.

trilinearmipmap
10-21-2004, 07:58 PM
I would say Fahrenheit 9/11 is right on the mark.

I am baffled why people vote for this Bush character. Over one thousand young Americans have died in a senseless war which has done nothing to make America safer from terrorism.

There has been an increasing divide in the U.S. between the "haves" and "have-nots". Tax cuts for millionaires, handouts to big corporations, and the little guy gets screwed. Bush and his rich friends don't send their sons to fight in Iraq, it is the blue-collar types earning $10.00 an hour who are sending their kids off to die.

Perhaps Bush, Cheney, and the rest of thos a**holes should send their own kids overseas for a tour of duty before they ask the same of others.

Quinn
10-21-2004, 08:19 PM
I had a long argument with a libertarian who is voting for Bush the other day. The war aside (it's a shame Kerry won't outright say what he obviously is hinting at - that everyone knows it's all about stabilizing the middle east to gain continued access to their oil), I think the big issue here is the economy and taxation. Bush continues to spend beyond what taxation can pay for, and yet he accuses Kerry of having absurd spending policies. At least Kerry seems to have some plan to pay for everything. Apparently, Bush has done more damage to the national debt numbers than Reagan and all the presidents before him, combined.

albert_dao
10-21-2004, 10:04 PM
Alright, I know I said ten minutes, but something came up. Anyway,

http://cichlids.ca/images/Misc/MichealMoore911.WMV

I have a couple other documents, but they are all over 200mb in size... :frown:

Quinn
10-21-2004, 10:25 PM
Phew, someone hasn't heard of DivX eh. :wink:

There is plenty of anti-Moore video from the Republican camp. I don't think it's any more objective than Moore is.

Invigor
10-21-2004, 10:40 PM
http://cichlids.ca/images/Misc/MichealMoore911.WMV

i like how all the quotes are cited from a www address... :rolleyes: