PDA

View Full Version : Anemone Shrimp vs Wrasses

Myka
12-17-2015, 12:20 AM
Anyone keep anemone shrimp with "reef safe" wrasses? I've never tried it, or heard anyone trying it. I imagine it's not a good idea, but I'm just wondering if anyone has tried it. I currently just have a small Yellow Coris (H. chrysus) which would be the most threatening of the species I plan to house.

rishu_pepper
12-17-2015, 05:06 PM
Had an anemone shrimp for about half a year then disappeared one day. I know they don't live long so maybe it just randomly died. At the time I did have a melanurus who is known to flip over my snails (haven't bothered with any more since). JME.

Skimmer Juice
12-17-2015, 05:22 PM
Have had 4 nem shrimps for quit a while now , I would not trust them with wrasse , the shrimp are really delicate my banded pipefish were even going after them so I had to split them up .

TimT
12-17-2015, 05:23 PM
They should be safe with small to medium size(<5") Halichoeres sp. I have a tank with Sexy shrimp and it has a Melanurus, a Pencil Wrasse as well as a couple of Fairy Wrasse.

Myka
12-17-2015, 05:43 PM
Had an anemone shrimp for about half a year then disappeared one day. I know they don't live long so maybe it just randomly died. At the time I did have a melanurus who is known to flip over my snails (haven't bothered with any more since). JME.

Jeez, if they survived the Melanurus for even a week I'd be impressed! :D

Have had 4 nem shrimps for quit a while now , I would not trust them with wrasse , the shrimp are really delicate my banded pipefish were even going after them so I had to split them up .

Now that I do find surprising.

They should be safe with small to medium size(<5") Halichoeres sp. I have a tank with Sexy shrimp and it has a Melanurus, a Pencil Wrasse as well as a couple of Fairy Wrasse.

Really? Wow. That's very interesting. I may have to give it a shot.