PDA

View Full Version : Reef and Fish Quicktime Clips - wow.

AJ_77
10-21-2004, 04:09 AM
These are pretty neat, even if they are teasers.

http://www.oceanfootage.com/fish_stock_footage.htm

Lots to browse from... :mrgreen:

Quinn
10-21-2004, 04:18 AM
Cool find Alan. I've never thought of checking stock media sites for something like that. :cool:

Samw
10-21-2004, 04:22 AM
Sweet. Good find. Wow, look at all the Rose anemones in the wild?? Hard to believe they were $300/each just a year ago.

I didn't watch all the videos all but I like looking at the Blue Ribbon eel and Lionfish.

Cap'n
10-21-2004, 05:51 AM
Oh yeah!! I'll be using this site often.
Thanks Alan!

Buccaneer
10-21-2004, 02:53 PM
Sweet. Good find. Wow, look at all the Rose anemones in the wild?? Hard to believe they were $300/each just a year ago.

I didn't watch all the videos all but I like looking at the Blue Ribbon eel and Lionfish.

Speaking of ribbon eel ... has anyone kept these successfully ?

UnderWorldAquatics
10-21-2004, 06:02 PM

Speaking of ribbon eel ... has anyone kept these successfully ?

Had one for 4 years till I sold it, had another for 2 years till it mysteriously disapeared.....literaly....

Buccaneer
10-21-2004, 10:07 PM
What are they compatable with and what do they eat ?

Any recommendations ? ... advice ?

I would like a eel for my reeftank but cautious about what breed will fit in.

albert_dao
10-21-2004, 10:10 PM
My recommendation is just to avoid them. For every hobbyist that has long term success with this animal, hundreds of others fail.

Buccaneer
10-21-2004, 10:13 PM
My recommendation is just to avoid them. For every hobbyist that has long term success with this animal, hundreds of others fail.

What type of eel would you recommend for a large reeftank then ? ... also nice markings a consideration as well.

Quinn
10-21-2004, 10:30 PM

Saw some at Wai's once. Sad day for me. :frown:

Steve you should see if you can find a Hawaiian dragon moray. :wink:

Buccaneer
10-21-2004, 10:53 PM
Steve you should see if you can find a Hawaiian dragon moray. :wink:

Hey Quinn ... I would actually dedicate my tank to a pair of those in a heartbeat :cool: :mrgreen: