PDA

View Full Version : Slime coat problem on wrasse

Rory
12-14-2015, 03:27 AM
Hi all, I am trying to figure out what is wrong with this wrasse. I noticed a hazey / flakey sheen on this fish a little while ago and it hasn't got any better. It has been fed mysys and brine shrimp as a staple with the odd feeding of nls pellets. It has since got worse and its colors are faded. It has been in a qt tank with a Randal's anthias for quite some time, with both fish eating well. The anthias has nice coloring and both are active, but the wrasse is now noticeabley less active than usual. I have scoured the web trying to id what is going on, whether it's nutrition, fungus or parasite, but to no avail. Hopefully someone can help steer me into the right direction. Hopefully these pictures are clear enough.

Rory
12-14-2015, 03:32 AM

Myka
12-14-2015, 03:33 AM
Give it a fw dip and see if it has flukes. Unless you already treated prophylactically with PraziPro already...?

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Rory
12-14-2015, 03:35 AM
It has been through a Prazi treatment when I first got it. And then two treatments when I put it back in qt. possibly go another round?

Myka
12-14-2015, 02:21 PM
It has been through a Prazi treatment when I first got it. And then two treatments when I put it back in qt. possibly go another round?

A fw dip will tell you if that's the problem or not - in about 5 mins. :) No need to put it through another treatment if that is not the problem. It could be an infection of some sort.