PDA

View Full Version : Lower Mainland blackout warning tonight

gregzz4
12-12-2015, 08:48 PM
Just heard on the radio that we have another wind storm on the way

Hope everyone is prepared !

I bought a second battery backup for my MP10s so the 2 can run for a very long time now
And I'm in the middle of hooking up a circuit to automatically turn on and regulate my gas fireplace

Aquattro
12-12-2015, 08:51 PM
I'm not sure my house will be around much longer, so probably won't need power anyway. I think the back just got blown off..

christyf5
12-12-2015, 08:53 PM
Guess maybe I should test my generator and make sure its working...

naaaahh.

Although I should have bought a new power supply for my mp40. Oh well, positive thoughts right :wink:

Aquattro
12-12-2015, 08:59 PM
I was going to buy one this weekend, but the Apex took all my money. If my power goes out, I'm going to a restaurant that has power. The tank can manage itself.

christyf5
12-12-2015, 09:52 PM
I was going to buy one this weekend, but the Apex took all my money. If my power goes out, I'm going to a restaurant that has power. The tank can manage itself.

we never have super long power outages anyways, max 4-5 hours here. Course I just jinxed myself. Oh well, at least its a weekend and I don't have to call in "sick" to work :wink:

gregzz4
12-12-2015, 10:01 PM
Oh well, at least its a weekend and I don't have to call in "sick" to work :wink: :biggrin:

Our power was out last Sunday from 8:30pm to 3:00am
Couldn't fall asleep; what to do if it's still out when I leave for work, what do I buy on the way home, what instructions do I leave for my 'thankfully she's home from work this Monday' wife ....
Needless to say but I only had about 3hrs sleep

The outage @ the end of Summer we were out for about 3hrs, but many others in my area were without power for days, and we've all heard about the losses that time around

Now if I can figure out a way to have my battery backup airpump only run for 5 mins/hr I'd be set. Guess I'll have to look into how to build a 12v timer

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-12-2015, 10:10 PM
Got my portable gen, UPS and other backup systems ready. Been keeping them ready for the last month plus cause of all the wind storms. My brother lost power for 3 days earlier. Our lines are underground so hopefully that is enough. I have friends who've lost power pretty much every wind storm this year.

Anthony

Myka
12-12-2015, 10:21 PM
Good luck everyone!

Howie
12-13-2015, 03:19 AM
Lol nowhere near the lower mainland, actually a province away but we just lost power. I'm guessing the lines snapped somewhere from all the frost. We have a nice thick fog that rolled in.

spit.fire
12-13-2015, 03:41 AM
Fueled up the welder on my service truck last night, I can run most of my house off it so I'm good

Myka
12-13-2015, 01:23 PM
Did you guys survive the night?

Lol nowhere near the lower mainland, actually a province away but we just lost power. I'm guessing the lines snapped somewhere from all the frost. We have a nice thick fog that rolled in.

Are you back up?

Howie
12-13-2015, 04:15 PM
Yep only was out for a couple hours. Some transformers blew up from the frost build up. Lol I'm hoping for some sushine today.

Myka
12-13-2015, 04:59 PM
Yep only was out for a couple hours. Some transformers blew up from the frost build up. Lol I'm hoping for some sushine today.

I'd send you some because we usually have lots, but not today. It's supposed to be snowing right now, but not yet.