PDA

View Full Version : FF 5 Bags of newish black sand

Slyguy00
12-06-2015, 04:10 PM
So unfortunately someone in my condo building above me decided to flood the place, and now I am being forced to shut down my tank. I have about 5 bags of caribsea black sand that has been running in my tank for about 4 months. Still quite clean but obviously has been used. If you come pick it up its free, if I have to deliver, then its 20$. Either way if someone doesn't take this by the end of the day it will be going in the garbage. Let me know, 604-615-1875

GoFish
12-06-2015, 04:20 PM
So unfortunately someone in my condo building above me decided to flood the place, and now I am being forced to shut down my tank.
:eek: say what! Sorry to hear Nick

Slyguy00
12-06-2015, 04:24 PM
Thanks man. Yea its quite a **** off. Good thing I have people like Ryan who is holding the majority of my livestock for me until I can get my tank up and running again. Lets hope all goes well and I should be up and running in january. Fingers Crossed. Sand is now gone.

KPG007
12-06-2015, 04:33 PM
Sorry to hear that Nick. Specially after all the work to upgrade. Good luck on the move (I assume) and the new build.

Kelly

Slyguy00
12-06-2015, 04:46 PM
Sorry to hear that Nick. Specially after all the work to upgrade. Good luck on the move (I assume) and the new build.

Kelly

Thanks Kelly. Im not moving because I own my condo, but I will have to stay in a hotel temporarily while they tear out my ceilings and floors and replace them. Has been one heck of a headache but at least it gives me a chance to change some things around with my place and my tank. Hopefully it wont take to long.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-06-2015, 06:55 PM
This totally sucks. Sorry to hear. Hope you're back in your own place by New Years, if not sooner. Really hope you don't get stuck with the hotel bill. If you're in the area (Burnaby) pop in for a visit.

Anthony

shiftline
12-06-2015, 07:43 PM
That's rough. Sorry to hear that. Your tank was a beauty

2bafish
12-06-2015, 07:55 PM
Great. I just bought a crapload of black sand.

Slyguy00
12-06-2015, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm hoping to be back in before new years but it's not looking to good. My insurance said they will cover hotel costs so that's good at least. Honestly I'm not to concerned about my place, but it sucks that I have to shut down a tank that I just started lol.

Aquattro
12-06-2015, 08:36 PM
Don't plan on New Years this year. My kitchen insurance job took almost 7 months. They don't move quick :)

KPG007
12-06-2015, 09:09 PM
See if they'll cover the cost of a hotel in Mexico! Who needs a fish tank when you can have the real thing!

Good luck with everything. Let me know if you need any help.

My insurance said they will cover hotel costs so that's good at least.

Galizio
12-06-2015, 09:26 PM
Good luck Nick, hopefully you can get back to your home soon and then can have the tank running again.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H2o2
12-06-2015, 10:23 PM
That really sucks Nick and good one Ryan as the new build was looking great also kinda feel sorry for buddy upstairs to and have fun in mexico

Slyguy00
12-07-2015, 01:05 AM
Lol thanks guys I appreciate it. I guess I just play the waiting game now. But I'll be back with a vengeance when I get my tank running again. :mrgreen:

Cujo#31
12-07-2015, 03:29 AM
Lol thanks guys I appreciate it. I guess I just play the waiting game now. But I'll be back with a vengeance when I get my tank running again. :mrgreen:

Well, that gives me a chance to catch up to u bud. All kidding aside it sucks major azz. And echo same sentiments to Ryan. Good on ya bud! Proves we have kick ass crew down here. We all need one another to survive this "hobby"

2bafish
12-07-2015, 08:32 PM
Don't plan on New Years this year. My kitchen insurance job took almost 7 months. They don't move quick :)

that sucks. a good friend of mine owns a restoration company. 7 months would never happen with them. Thats out outrageous dude

Slyguy00
12-08-2015, 04:09 AM
that sucks. a good friend of mine owns a restoration company. 7 months would never happen with them. Thats out outrageous dude

Yea id be pretty ****ed if it took 7 months. They were just waiting for me to move my tank. I just moved it today and it sounds like they want to start work on my condo this week or next. But I guess time will tell