PDA

View Full Version : apex issue

e46er
12-04-2015, 01:54 AM
im trying to set this apex up and its not working out.
the energy 8 bar isnt showing up in fusion its just the variable ports alarms and emails.
the status light on the energy 8 bar is solid green and when i go on the head unit under modules it shows up E8-3
where do I go from here?
also anyone local willing to set this up for me before I throw it in the dogs bowl gets beer or cash. I have zero patience for electronics

Nuggs
12-04-2015, 02:52 AM
If the module is listed then you just need to add the icons to you fusion page.

Press the unlock button a new grey box appears, drag them out of that to where you want them and lock it again.

See image

e46er
12-04-2015, 03:03 AM
there are only 7 there and they are
base_var1
base_var2
base_var3
base_var4
base alarm
base warning
base email

and everything shakes like an iphone when moving apps

Nuggs
12-04-2015, 03:15 AM
Do you already have anything programmed? Or is this initial setup?

Is it new? Or was it already run by someone else?

Nuggs
12-04-2015, 03:17 AM
You did scroll over in the unused tile box right?

hfp75
12-04-2015, 03:27 AM
If you were in Calgary I'd help ya but....

Nuggs
12-04-2015, 03:30 AM
If you still can't file the tiles, log on to the device via the internal webpages (by IP address), and Initialize aquabus devices under Configuration -> Misc Setup

Aquattro
12-04-2015, 03:32 AM
Might be easier to set it up in the web interface first, then I expect it would show in fusion. I set up fusion after the unit was already configured, so can't say for sure if this is normal or not.

If you type the IP into your browser, you should get the web page

e46er
12-04-2015, 04:18 AM
ok so I now have the tiles in the right spot and set them all up for what I want them to control.

changing the off /auto/ on on fusion doesnt power anything.

its a brand new unit.

Nuggs
12-04-2015, 04:25 AM
Changing Off / On should switch whatever is plugged into that outlet.

They are 1-4 top row, 5-8 bottom row.

Auto will do nothing unless you have added programming to the outlet.

e46er
12-04-2015, 04:30 AM
Changing Off / On should switch whatever is plugged into that outlet.

They are 1-4 top row, 5-8 bottom row.

Auto will do nothing unless you have added programming to the outlet.

Ive done the programming for dosing pumps return ect but turning all the outlets to on doesnt actually turn on the power to the outlet. you cant hear the mech. relays on 4 and 8 chick.
the status light is solid green and the head unit says off off off off off all the way across.

e46er
12-04-2015, 04:40 AM
when i go into manual control on the head unit its also showing all 8 outlets on........

Nuggs
12-04-2015, 04:42 AM
All the Apex controls at that point is the triac or mechanical relay to supply power.

If you hear it click then its working... So stupid question is the EB8 plugged into the wall?

How is your Apex powered via 12V adapter or through the EB8?

If the unit has power, do a simple test, turn all the outlets to on and use a small simply electrical device to test each outlet (desktop lamp). Aka rule out device or programming issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

e46er
12-04-2015, 04:50 AM
All the Apex controls at that point is the triac or mechanical relay to supply power.

If you hear it click then its working... So stupid question is the EB8 plugged into the wall?

How is your Apex powered via 12V adapter or through the EB8?

If the unit has power, do a simple test, turn all the outlets to on and use a small simply electrical device to test each outlet (desktop lamp). Aka rule out device or programming issues.

I have a decent knowledge of electricity. my gas qualification is heavy electrical.

powerbar is plugged into the wall no 12V adapter to the apex.
i used small pump that works in the wall outlet and not a single of the 8 on the EB8 despite what the head unit and apex fusion say about what the outlet is doing

e46er
12-04-2015, 04:52 AM
on the getting started instructions it says 3 types of outlets they are
Variable- Variably controlled 0-10V outputs to control Apex Ready devices
Alert- Your audible sound and email alarm outlets
Outlet- Physical on/off outlets on your EB8

mine are listed as varible, alert, virtual

would that have anything to do with it and how do i change that?

Nuggs
12-04-2015, 04:55 AM
Hmmm doesn't make sense.

Your Apex has power, so its supplied by the eb8.

Can't be the fuse, cause you have power.

If it's a very low wattage pump it may only work on 4 or 8. I have a few items on my Nano which don't pull enough juice to work with the triac.

Other than reinitializing the device I'm at a loss.

gregzz4
12-04-2015, 04:58 AM
Sorry to say this, but, DA is SO much easier
Take your Apex back to J&L for a refund and buy a DA RKE unit :biggrin:
All you need to do is connect it to your PC and you can program it there SO easily

Nuggs
12-04-2015, 05:01 AM
Log into the device webpage via IP address and reinitialize the aquabus devices.

Under outlets you should have 3_1 thru 3_8 as "Outlets"

byee
12-04-2015, 05:06 AM
I went to a buddy for advice setting my Apex which ended 'bricking' the display which required me to ship back to Neptune for repair.

It's a better idea to post you questions at for the experts to help.

https://forum.neptunesystems.com

It'll definitely also help lower your frustration level.

Good luck!

e46er
12-04-2015, 05:17 AM
I GOT IT!!!!!
I have to reconfigure the eb8 on the head unit.

i had it set up in the kitchen working and i guess once i mount it behind the tank and maybe i didnt use the same aquabus port I dont know.
I cant imagine it wouldnt auto recognize the same powerbar but whatever its working now.
dinosaur age software almost had me going grey!!
thanks for help everyone!

tomorrow Ill set up the auto feeder and probes so Ill probably be back online tomorrow night and grey by saturday

Nuggs
12-04-2015, 11:52 AM
LOL good luck man

gregzz4
12-04-2015, 06:36 PM
Good to see you figured it out

e46er
12-05-2015, 01:48 AM
I havent hooked anything actually up to the apex yet since I work and wasnt home. So according to the logs from today everything seems good to go, came on when it as supposed to and off at the proper times. Ive calibrated my PH probe and the temp probe is hooked up Ive programmed the auto feeder.
the only thing was my cal and alk dosing came on at same time so i set the OSC 60 min apart for 12 doses each on the hour alternating. going to check the logs in a few hours.
Im off tomorrow so if the logs are good and i simulate a power outage and all goes well then the apex will be running my system tomorrow.
thanks everyone for the advice since this $900 was VERY close to getting thrown out the window.

the only thing is the app doesnt want to let me sign in to the controller to make changes via the app but if i go online at apex fusion on the phone it works fine so im over it.

Nuggs
12-05-2015, 02:05 AM
Glad it worked out.

The app sucks anyway. I use fusion almost exclusively.

e46er
12-05-2015, 02:16 AM
Glad it worked out.

The app sucks anyway. I use fusion almost exclusively.

rarely am I gone for more than 2-3 days at a time and I have underground hydro lines so power only goes out once in a blue moon its only xmas that i go for 2 weeks and the tank is alone, but now I can have the piece of mind of knowing whats going on and could get someone there within an hour if a disaster hits so I feel better.
im going to order another eb8 for my water change pumps and a few other things but that will have to wait until after xmas as Ive spent ALOT in the last month. starting up your own business isnt cheep!