PDA

View Full Version : A little calcium reactor help...

Cujo#31
12-01-2015, 03:08 AM
Why am I getting co2 back pressure between solenoid and rector chamber???

Cujo#31
12-01-2015, 03:21 AM
Configuration... I have Korallin reactor, with Eheim mounted to top. I am feeding Eheim off tee and 1/4" feed line to Eheim. I'm guessing too much water being forced in and causing back pressure stalling co2 flow?

spit.fire
12-01-2015, 06:31 AM
Configuration... I have Korallin reactor, with Eheim mounted to top. I am feeding Eheim off tee and 1/4" feed line to Eheim. I'm guessing too much water being forced in and causing back pressure stalling co2 flow?

are you regulating water flow on the pump side or the output side

whatcaneyedo
12-01-2015, 02:18 PM
Maybe turn up the operating pressure in the regulator? What pressure do you currently have on both of your gauges?

Ryanerickson
12-01-2015, 03:45 PM
Maybe turn up the operating pressure in the regulator? What pressure do you currently have on both of your gauges?

This may be your issue

Cujo#31
12-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Gonna have to double check regulator pressures again once I start tinkering again maybe as early as today after work. As far as regulating water coming in, it makes sense that I should be matching flow in to flow out. Haven't been doing that either....

Blind River Joe
12-01-2015, 04:25 PM
I had the same problem as you. I to have the same calcium reactor as you and the problem was the one way check valve. It is the brass check valve correct?

I had to mount my check valve above the calcium reactor in order to keep the water from flowing out of the calcium reactor back into the check valve when the solenoid on the co2 tank was de-energized. Once the check valve compressed it would take more pressure to open the check valve again then the regulator on the co2 tank was set for.

Joe