PDA

View Full Version : Picture happy

Acro
10-19-2004, 06:49 PM
Hey Canreefers,

Figured it was time to share a few photo's again. Winter is coming and it's to wet to play outside.

Montipora verrucosa
http://members.shaw.ca/jcross2/Oct1804_003.JPG

Paletta Blue
http://members.shaw.ca/jcross2/Oct1804_002.JPG

Leng Sy Cap
http://members.shaw.ca/jcross2/Oct1804_009.JPG

Pinkish Table
http://members.shaw.ca/jcross2/Oct09_048_copy.JPG

Thats all for now. :cool:

muck
10-19-2004, 06:57 PM
wow..!! :eek: :eek:
Brilliant pictures as always.
I hope my frags look half as nice when they grow out... :confused:

Delphinus
10-19-2004, 06:58 PM
Very nice!!! You have very enviable colours. :cool:

LostMind
10-19-2004, 09:34 PM
Some great pics!

Quinn
10-19-2004, 09:38 PM
More than drool-worthy. I particularly like the structure of the M. verrucosa.

AJ_77
10-20-2004, 01:51 AM
More than drool-worthy.

Gotta get me a bib... :mrgreen:

IslandReefer
10-20-2004, 07:46 AM
Very Nice......very interesting structure of the Montipora verrucosa .
Gotta get those colors!!

Doug
10-20-2004, 01:52 PM
:biggrin: Very nice pics Jamie.

Acro
10-20-2004, 05:50 PM
Hey Guys,

Glad you like the pics. I think the pink table shot came out pretty good. I'm using it as a desktop right now. If anybody wants the full res shot send me an email @ jcross2@shaw.ca I change it a bit so you can see your icons better. So long as you don't have a desktop full of icon. :lol:

http://members.shaw.ca/jcross2/Oct09_048_copy01.JPG

andestang
10-20-2004, 06:00 PM
Very nice pics :mrgreen: Looks like Alan had a little competition :wink:

StirCrazy
10-20-2004, 11:52 PM
looks awsome Jamie, no matter how good I think my tank is doing yours always puts me back in my place :mrgreen:

one question how are you taking thoes pics? are you using a plexi viewer so you can take the pic from the surface of the water?

Steve

Acro
10-21-2004, 08:05 PM
looks awsome Jamie, no matter how good I think my tank is doing yours always puts me back in my place :mrgreen:

one question how are you taking thoes pics? are you using a plexi viewer so you can take the pic from the surface of the water?

Steve

Steve, I'm just shooting them with a steady hand. As steady as one can have when they are hovering a $1000 camera over salt water. :razz: I used to use a viewer but find the pictures clearer with out one.

Jack
10-21-2004, 11:33 PM
Jamie, are you up for a full tank shot?

muck
10-22-2004, 05:06 PM
Jamie, are you up for a full tank shot?
Yes please..!! :mrgreen:

Acro
10-22-2004, 06:11 PM
Er...ah... well...um What to say? I don't think it's looking all that hot these days. So I haven't taken any full tank shot. I've been pretty busy lately with family stuff which has causes some tank neglect. To boot I've been putting thought and time into a new tank so one tends to say "ah it can wait" just a little to often. In respects to cleaning and tidying things. If you know what I mean? If I can manage to get a descent shot I'll post it. I won't promise anything though.

Jaws
10-22-2004, 07:22 PM
Or you could just say you've had it with everything in which case all of your corals would become available... Shotgun! I'm only thinking of the corals. :lol:

Jack
10-22-2004, 09:16 PM
Er...ah... well...um What to say? I don't think it's looking all that hot these days. So I haven't taken any full tank shot. I've been pretty busy lately with family stuff which has causes some tank neglect. To boot I've been putting thought and time into a new tank so one tends to say "ah it can wait" just a little to often. In respects to cleaning and tidying things. If you know what I mean? If I can manage to get a descent shot I'll post it. I won't promise anything though.

I know what you mean. Thanks.

Zerandise
10-22-2004, 10:33 PM

I know what ya meen. I have been moving from a 55 to a 140 for the past couple months. all the attension is somewhere else ;)

props
10-23-2004, 02:12 AM
well coming over to your house i guess i can attest that your tank is just truly spectacular and neglect huh? where ? i have never seen anything like it .. the whole tank looks like its coming outta magazine even better.. too bad even with a thousand dollar camera wont even capture the real colors of your corals.. again dude i'd pay to visit
hehehe
thanks for the frags they look great!!!

Acro
10-23-2004, 02:13 PM
Hey Jesse, Your far to kind. It's great to meet people so passionate about the hobby. Thank you for your kind words.

Acro
10-23-2004, 02:16 PM
Or you could just say you've had it with everything in which case all of your corals would become available... Shotgun! I'm only thinking of the corals. :lol:

Oh I have said that in the past. Just lucky for me it wasn't for very long. :cool:

sumpfinfishe
11-04-2004, 10:14 PM
Sweet pics there Jamie!
I too would luv to see a full tank spread, it's been awhile :frown:

Acro
11-05-2004, 01:55 PM
Thanks Rich :)

I'll tell you what if you come and clean the glass, I'll take a picture. :lol:

sumpfinfishe
11-05-2004, 05:27 PM
Jamie I will come clean the glass alright, with my oversized jacket and my cargo pants with all those deep pockets :mrgreen:

How far along are you on the other room, or did you move it already.

Acro
11-06-2004, 01:27 AM
Hey Rich,

Yeah I figured you say something along those lines. :) As for the other room, I really haven't done anything. I have the tank in there now and just picked up the epoxy today. So the fun should begin soon.

sumpfinfishe
11-06-2004, 01:30 AM
:cool: Jamie!
I can't wait to see how it looks :biggrin:
Pencil me in anytime :mrgreen:

guysmiley
11-09-2004, 01:58 AM
If you really need to make some room in the tank, you could always bag the corals and ship them to Edmonton! I'd settle for frags...if I have to.

Garrick.

Acro
11-10-2004, 12:57 AM
Garrick, but then I'd have nothing to put in the new tank. :biggrin:

guysmiley
11-10-2004, 01:56 PM
Your not thinking long term.... You see, when the frags grow into full colonies in my tank, you have access to all of the frags you could ever want for you new tank! Plus if you have a disaster, all of your corals would be "backed" up so to speak in my tank. Really I'd be doing you a huge favor! :mrgreen:

Seriously though, do you ever plan on selling any frags? I don't mind paying for quality.

Garrick.

Acro
11-11-2004, 02:17 AM
Nice try Garrick :biggrin:

I do sell the odd frag. I don't have any available right now but you can check this page out if you like.
http://members.shaw.ca/jcross2/available_frags.htm