PDA

View Full Version : Wtb: hob skimmer hob filter ect

Chase31
11-30-2015, 03:50 AM
So I am helping set up a tank for a school and was wondering if anyone has any decent hob skimmers filters or anything else that could be useful for a tank (ato) for cheap or for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aquattro
11-30-2015, 04:07 AM
Keep in mind that hang on anything almost certainly end up dumping on the floor one day. Not cool in school.

Chase31
11-30-2015, 04:11 AM
Keep in mind that hang on anything almost certainly end up dumping on the floor one day. Not cool in school.

Not sure how to get arround this setting up a sump would be difficult and costly

Aquattro
11-30-2015, 04:21 AM
I'm sure if you tried hard enough, you could find donations and help drilling. I donated a 110g tank to a school down the street, and others chipped in the rest of the parts. People always like helping kids. :)

Chase31
11-30-2015, 04:34 AM
Unfortunately I just put the first fish I the tank today, has a hob skimmer its a coralife but the pumps aren't working and it's very difficult to keep it working steady, and atm I can't be there every day, trying to keep it as simple as I can for the librarian, but she is interested in learning

Aquattro
11-30-2015, 04:36 AM
A HOB skimmer will overflow, probably sooner than later. At least modify a drian line so that if that happens, it dumps back into the tank. Trust me, public locations get really upset with skimmate on the floor :)

Chase31
11-30-2015, 04:49 AM
Luckily my dad is the facility manager :p but hmmm might have to figure something out. Probably a emergency back into the tank drain

Doug
11-30-2015, 06:52 PM
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=115103

You need a Tunze like this that goes in the tank and is fool proof. Sadly though, I likely wont be able to sell it cheap enough for your project, although we could deal if interested.