PDA

View Full Version : Carpet anemones?

Son Of Skyline
10-19-2004, 03:14 PM
Hey has anyone seen any carpet anemones for sale anywhere in the lower mainland lately? I'll be heading to the King Ed Pets area today. Has anyone seen their stock recently? I'd call them but every single time I call they just tell me to call back later, again and again.

Thanks!

psuedo
10-19-2004, 04:56 PM
no carpets at King Eds, but they do have a nice green bubble tip. That probably doesn't help you though. The last time I was at Big Als they had a few carpet anemones, however that 2 weeks ago

Samw
10-19-2004, 06:00 PM
I think Big Al's had some last weekend. Hey Mason, are you back into the hobby? Didn't you sell your main tank last year? Are you starting up a new anemone tank?

Son Of Skyline
10-19-2004, 06:10 PM
Thanks guys. I'll check out Big Al's this afternoon.

Sam, I never really left the hobby. I've been maintaining a smaller tank with just a few soft corals and a rose bta. I've focused much of my attention to school and hockey so I haven't been around Canreef as much these days. I tore my main tank down and I'm trying to sell it now.

My rbta got chewed up in a powerhead and couldn't recover :cry: so I thought I'd try something a little different.

I don't suppose you guys noticed how much they were selling their carpets for would you? :)

I think Big Al's had some last weekend. Hey Mason, are you back into the hobby? Didn't you sell your main tank last year? Are you starting up a new anemone tank?

Samw
10-19-2004, 08:13 PM
sorry to hear about your RBTA. I still remember what you had to go through to buy that expensive little thing. Well, when I was there to pick up a greenish BTA w/ pink tips, prices weren't marked on the tank yet. I saw at least 1 blue carpet. I'd expect price will be around $80.

LostMind
10-19-2004, 09:35 PM
last time I saw a blue carpet at big als, the price was $199.

smokinreefer
10-20-2004, 03:15 AM
$99 for a blue carpet at big als.
heh. even i was thinking about it.

Son Of Skyline
10-20-2004, 03:12 PM
Well looks like someone scooped up that $99 carpet! I went to Big Als yesterday and all they had were some not-too-happy looking btas.

Soooo...anybody have a carpet they want to sell? :wink:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
10-21-2004, 06:32 PM
That's strange. I was at Big Al's Wednesday, 6:30 pm & saw a blue and green carpet. I just called them (444-fish) & they still have the $99 blue. Green was just sold. It was a nice shade of blue.

Son Of Skyline
10-21-2004, 06:37 PM
That's strange. I was at Big Al's Wednesday, 6:30 pm & saw a blue and green carpet. I just called them (444-fish) & they still have the $99 blue. Green was just sold. It was a nice shade of blue.

Aw man...now i feel dumb. I went to the Richmond store and I totally forgot about the Burnaby location!

Samw
10-21-2004, 06:38 PM
Mason, yeah, it was Burnaby. Sorry, I didn't specify. I thought that store was closer to you for some reason. :smile:

Samw
10-31-2004, 12:58 AM
Mason, did you get your carpet yet? Some at J&L I noticed. Very nice.

http://www.jlaquatics.com/images/anemones/carpet-green.jpg

http://www.jlaquatics.com/images/anemones/carpet-blue.jpg

Jason McK
10-31-2004, 01:47 AM
J&L had a few Blue and a green today. As well as a bunch of RBTA

J

smokinreefer
10-31-2004, 07:54 AM
wow. $50bux for a green carpet. you cant beat that. Mase, you should jump on that.

Son Of Skyline
10-31-2004, 12:57 PM
Aw man...I'm so tempted right now, but for the past week I've been trying to stabilize my water. I'm not sure how a carpet would react to a bit of instability right now. Hopefully they'll still be there in a week.

Jedi68
11-01-2004, 03:34 PM
Mason...are you wearing helmet when you are playing hockey? :lol:
Why can't you buy it and then pick it up later. I am sure the boyz at J&L would keep it for you for a week.

richard

Son Of Skyline
11-01-2004, 03:49 PM
Helmets are for the weak :cool:

Actually i went there yesterday and took a quick look. I think most of them were already spoken for, and the greens didn't look too happy at all. I don't really feel like spending $100 on a blue right now. looks like carpets are starting to come in more often these days so I'll just wait for the next batch.