PDA

View Full Version : Pink Skunk Clownfish - Breeding Pair 4 sale

AJ_77
10-19-2004, 04:32 AM
My pair of Pink Skunks is available - PM me for details.
Here's a pic of them spawning:

http://members.shaw.ca/AJ_77/pink-skunks-laying-005.jpg

Thanks.

Quinn
10-19-2004, 05:20 AM
The skunks are also known to be difficult to get spawning, are they not?

AJ_77
10-19-2004, 03:28 PM
Makes them all the more amazing. They are also mild-mannered for clownfish, excellent community fish.

muck
10-19-2004, 03:31 PM
Thats a great photo Alan!!

Too bad I don't have the right setup for them... :frown:

RobbAdams
10-19-2004, 06:58 PM
Is my 28 gallon big enough to house a pair of these?

AJ_77
10-19-2004, 07:46 PM
Robb, I think if there was little else in there as far as fish, a 28 could house a host anemone and a pair of clowns like this.

Do you want me to put you on the list for consideration? :smile:

RobbAdams
10-19-2004, 08:27 PM
I have little room for an anemone! Especially if it is the one I think you are referring to :eek: Is an anemone a necessity for clowns? Also this tank is only now 5 months old I have been told that a tank should be at least 1 year old to host an anemone. :rolleyes: I do however have a "Practice" anemone AKA long tentacle plate coral, so I will be trained to proper feeding etc for when the time comes. :mrgreen:

the tank currently houses 2 Yellow tailed blue damsels any way :evil: , and I am not sure I am ready to part company with them yet, so perhaps I am not the best candidate! Let me think on it for a couple of day's. I have been toying with getting rid of the damsels, since they seem to kill everything in others tanks!

These fish (YTBD) have been an infatuation of mine since I was a little boy looking into my uncle’s saltwater aquariums in the early 80's. You must remember these "Reefs" with Bleached coral skeletons and mats of green hair algae that matched the Shag in the living room.

OK, fine, decision is made since i have been secretly plotting to steal these fish from you since the day I came over and mooched some frags of mushrooms from you. Their adorable "Barking" was most intriguing

Anyone interested in a pair of YTBD??

AJ_77
10-19-2004, 09:52 PM
OK, fine, decision is made since i have been secretly plotting to steal these fish from you since the day I came over and mooched some frags of mushrooms from you. Their adorable "Barking" was most intriguing
Funny! :biggrin:
But you're 3rd on the list, hope you don't mind... negotiations are ongoing.

But yeah, if that tank was all theirs, they could live without an anemone just fine. They might even like a plate...

I'll let you know when I know something. :biggrin:

RobbAdams
10-19-2004, 09:56 PM
No problem, let me know when you know :biggrin:

Canadian Man
10-19-2004, 10:31 PM
Oh can I be put on the list.
They would have 2 choices of homes.

Green carpet in the main tank.

Or

The LTA ( i think) in the 75g refugium.
:biggrin:

Wouldn't mind trying to breed these guys

danny zubot
10-20-2004, 02:18 PM
I never asked last time we talked, why are you selling them? Bigger and better things? or .....

AJ_77
10-21-2004, 01:40 AM
The clownfish are spoken for - thanks to all who Pm'd.

Cheers.