PDA

View Full Version : Please Pray

Snoop Dog
10-19-2004, 04:32 AM
In this hour of uncertainty, I ask my fellow reefers to whisper a silent prayer as I have just completed ( with help from Blue tang) treating my tank with over 400 gallons worth of flatworm exit.

Things are looking promising, after 8 days of consistent 10 gallon siphons, removal of corals, alot of carbon and EXIT, erradication is inevitable.

My plan is to run carbon through the night and if I see any more of those red bastards I will add another bottle of exit.

Please Pray.

DOGG :mad: :biggrin:

Aquattro
10-19-2004, 06:32 AM
Best of luck!!

IslandReefer
10-19-2004, 01:17 PM
They even have little red horns! :evil:
Man have you ever got UBER flatworms!!!
My flatworms vanished after 1 EXIT tratment and a follow up to be sure......all better for 4mths. The only thing I did out of the ordinary, is siphon every last visible one out before each treatment....hours.....but worth it. (used a filter bag with J-cloth in it over the end of a siphon hose to the sump....and sucked and sucked).
Sooooo I hear Ya and feel YA .....eeeeradicate the little mothers!!!!!
GOOD LUCK!! ...prayers are with you!

PS : you are right,when you burst the suckers with fresh water rinse ....oh my do they stink! (and yuo can see the yellow sh.......t they would have put in the tank upon death)

Snoop Dog
10-19-2004, 11:12 PM
Update:

Everything seems great!!

I can only see 2 flat worms in the whole tank, 2 tooo many, im going to siphon them out and then dose again tonight.

Ill keep you posted, should be flatworm free beforethe swap! :razz:

bluetang
10-19-2004, 11:59 PM
Anyone want any flatworn carcasses at the swap. Snoops got lots, goin for real cheap.... :biggrin:

Jack
10-20-2004, 01:12 AM
How did the treatment go?

Skimmerking
10-20-2004, 01:31 AM
good luck man.
I remember that i had my 120 going a few yrs back and i had the little buggers tried the suck up and didnt have any exit to use. did it the old fashion way. ANd then i ended up selling the system and i told the guy tha i had these worms and we should get rid of them after the take down of the tank and to this day he still has them.

you should see the tank its infested with them and he doenst eve ntake them out of nothing.

oh well to each his own..

mike

bluetang
10-20-2004, 02:40 AM
Jack, tank looks hot. At this point in time it looks like a success, but only time will tell. Sps looks good. all the siphoning was well worth it.

Snoop Dog
10-20-2004, 03:05 AM
Things are well, very well....

Only a handfull of pint tip baby red suckers near the glass, dosed another 90 gallons worth of exit and siphoned out the 5 or 6 bodies. thats it. There was litterley thousands a week or so ago.

I will continue to monitor daily and dose/siphon as required. clams are open, the only poyps still retracted are the Cap's. they seem to be very sensitive.

Jack, time to stock....

Snoop Dog
10-20-2004, 11:03 PM
Came home today and there is still a handfull (5-6 that I can see) of tiny tiny worms just on the edge where the sand meets the glass.

Any suggestions? keep dosing EXIT and siphoning? maybe another mass dosage?

I wonder why the exit is not effecting these few?

Jack
10-21-2004, 12:53 AM
I wonder if your Flatworm Exit is working right? I would think that
ammount would of taken care of all of them..

Snoop Dog
10-21-2004, 01:07 AM
Ive seen on other posts that sometimes the real.. small ones sometimes make it?

Ill dose another 90 g's worth, buy another bottle tommorow and keep dosing.

like I said theres none on the rocks or anything, only on the sand right at the glass?

On a positive note My dose yesterday had no effect on any of my polyp extension.

props
10-21-2004, 05:23 AM
hopefully your not creating super flat worms immune to flat worm exit..
g'luck on the treatment as i do have them as well in my tank which i syphon prolly once a week =o(

Snoop Dog
10-28-2004, 04:50 AM
Well, its been a week since my last dose and thigns are looking good.

The battle is over... flatworms are a worthy advisary!

Not a single one of those little red buggers has been seen in almost a week. I have a box of exit on standby incase I see even one.

I did not think it could be done, but it is official. I am flat worm free!

I will post some updated worm free pics in the coming weeks.

danny zubot
10-28-2004, 02:49 PM
I don't suppose you have a picture of these flatworms to post. I have a couple different kinds of worm in my tank but I'm not sure what they are?

muck
10-28-2004, 03:02 PM
I would also be interested in seeing your red army before the massacre... :razz:

Snoop Dog
10-29-2004, 12:04 AM
http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0RwCz*2QUorpNF0Orz0941IT!PKkznY9YvTKs7*LzfGBGsC5iG Udr0tjN5umcB*51ngWJuolnRFV1y0SJxSF8E7ZtOKrLnFQrHl* CaZU7xTc/P5090029.JPG

http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0SwAAAOgVpiZUZKJhcKIYF9dnkip8kkWwg1lhanVZ9D9XZVu82 xFwNLijNaB2w93cqledD2pydLSuIQP!7R!d4QpC8NQPAVl2RH4 bllA5CQ*nXhuTmTgwqw/SCROLL%20MAY.JPG

All the red in the back ground is flat worms, these pics are from May, by the time I took action there was literally 4 x 5 inch mats of them on the sand and the rocks were covered.

Hope this helps,

danny zubot
10-29-2004, 02:05 PM
Whew! I'm glad that I don't have them. I can't believe how small they are, even after reseearching them the other day I thought they would be much larger. That must make catching them quite tedious. :evil:

Snoop Dog
10-29-2004, 07:23 PM
I would say from start to finish over 15 hours of work, my advice to others, the second you see 1 in your tank squash it!! then get Exit immediatley!