PDA

View Full Version : Wire connector

dpg
11-26-2015, 06:14 PM
Where would I be able to buy a push wire connector? It's for my tunze auto top off

The Guy
11-26-2015, 07:06 PM
try an electronics store like the "Source"

The Codfather
11-26-2015, 07:15 PM
Home Depot, that's where I bought mine. Near the electrical section there is telephone/CAT5 etc spot, check there.
Made by IDEAL.

gregzz4
11-27-2015, 03:34 AM
Do you really NEED that kind of connector?

If you have some wire crimpers you can use anything you want and can get all kinds of crimps from auto supply stores

Honestly, that style of crimp is, at best, a bit lacking in connectivity

WarDog
11-27-2015, 03:37 AM
try an electronics store like the "Source"

The Source is stupid now. They only sell toys and cell phones. They were much better for items like this when they were Radio Shack.

gregzz4
11-27-2015, 05:27 AM
You're still not going to find this kind of connector at a regular 'Radio Shack' store

You can try MRO (http://www.mroelectronics.com/mro/) or DigiKey (http://www.digikey.ca/?&WT.srch=1&mkwid=s4vFURdbW&pcrid=79234140905&pkw=digikey%20canada&pmt=e&pdv=c)

Good luck

It'll take you hours to search through all the catalogs ...

Sorry I can't give you the correct search term or what-have-you

I said before that you'd be best to just use crimp connectors or something similar

mike31154
11-27-2015, 03:49 PM
A bit difficult to tell from the photo exactly what type of connector that is, I'm guessing some form of Molex? Sometimes you can find them at auto or marine parts supply shops. Princess Auto has a lot of cheap electrical gizmos with similar connectors that you could cannibalize for parts. Generally the pins in molex style connectors can be removed by pushing them out backwards. There is a tool to do this. The pins have a small tab that needs to be pushed in to release them. I don't have the tool so I've used a jeweller's screwdriver to remove them. Of course you will need new pins.

I've found a shop in Kelowna, Interior Electronics that carries all manner of electrical goodies, I'm sure a city the size of Edmonton will have something similar. Check the good old Yellow Pages, if you still have a phone book, for Electronics Retailers. Other than that, as suggested, there are online options.

Agreed that "The Source" is no longer a 'source' for this type of stuff!

dpg
11-27-2015, 04:30 PM
Thanks everyone

gregzz4
11-27-2015, 07:21 PM
Haven't found the exact style connector you're looking for yet
I know the style you want it comes with Tunze ATO and is also used for ATI cooling fans
Google search wire connector push in

reef-keeper
11-29-2015, 03:53 PM
You can try electronic connections. They might have it. I think they are on or around 97 st. & 51st ave??