PDA

View Full Version : Any group buys going for GVRD for Big Show (Black Friday sale)?

rishu_pepper
11-25-2015, 05:50 PM
Just wondering if there will be a group buy for Big Show. With a 20% off this weekend, there's bound to be lots of people interested?

Phormium
11-26-2015, 01:48 AM
I might jump in if they post new stuff. Right now there might be one or two things I'd want but it's always nice to have more to choose from.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-26-2015, 08:13 AM
If a GB is going through, then I will add my order to it. PM sent to OP.

Anthony

leemosh
11-26-2015, 02:43 PM
I'd be in for a couple of things if there's something being organized.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-27-2015, 11:39 AM
I'm sending an email to BigShowFrags to set up a GB for Greater Vancouver. Hopefully, he will post on the site and confirm before all the nice corals are snapped up. I'm in Burnaby, which is pretty central and I work from home so I can have the corals shipped to me and I'll hold them till everyone gets off work and swings by.

Anthony

DAVE
11-27-2015, 01:26 PM
Hey Anthony,

All people need to do is select group buy at check out and put in the notes it is for YOUR group buy.

jus68
11-27-2015, 03:35 PM
Got my order in! Thx Bigshow and Anthony!

Phormium
11-27-2015, 10:19 PM
I just paid for two items. Thanks to Anthony to organize and receive. i am in East Van and should be able to pick up early in the morning right after arrival.
Cheers
Ken

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-27-2015, 11:56 PM
My order is in as well. Rishu & leemosh, get your orders in before Black Friday sale is over.:wink:

DAVE
11-28-2015, 12:16 AM
My order is in as well. Rishu & leemosh, get your orders in before Black Friday sale is over.:wink:

Or I run out of corals on the site! Lol

leemosh
11-28-2015, 02:18 AM
Placed my order!

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-28-2015, 02:56 AM
BTW, anybody is welcome to join in the GB as long as they can swing by and pick up their corals when it gets here. I'm assuming it'll be Tuesday or so when it arrives.

Anthony

Phormium
12-01-2015, 06:34 PM
Hi, do we know the arrival day? I guess it's not today?

DAVE
12-01-2015, 06:39 PM
Order will be shipping out tomorrow for Thursday arrival.

Shoot me a PM with any questions.

Cheers,
Dave

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-01-2015, 10:50 PM
I will pick up from the FedEx depot on Kingsway, near Gilley when it comes in and then float them in my sump till everyone can swing by. If you need my address, please pm me.

I should be home most of the day working.

Anthony

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-03-2015, 02:35 PM
Apparently FedEx screwed up and never picked up the shipment in ON so they sent it to WestJet, which means "lucky" me gets to drive out to YVR late morning to pick up our group buy from the warehouse. Thought my wife would be able to do it but she's busy with work so after working all night editing papers, I'll be heading out there. Yeesh, this is what I get for being a Dendro addict (as my friend Rishu pointed out).:redface::twised::twised:

I will post on this thread when I'm back with the corals.

Anthony

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-03-2015, 05:37 PM
Just called warehouse and shipment is in. Heading out there now.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-03-2015, 07:58 PM
Corals are here and ready for pickup from my sump. Call me at 604-868-5553 when you're ready to swing by. Been up all night so going to crash for now. Have some people coming around 4-5pm but not sure about the rest.

Anthony

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-03-2015, 11:39 PM
First GB member picked up. I'll be available at home all night, with my children to meet & greet:wink: (BTW, Felicia insisted on the last phrase):lol:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-04-2015, 07:49 PM
Well everyone has picked up their corals from this GB. I'm very pleased with my new Dendro (the polyps were already opening up late last night) and look forward to hearing what the others think of their new corals.

Anthony

Phormium
12-06-2015, 12:03 AM
Well so far not so good actually. The Orchid Dendros still have no sign of polyp extension whatsoever. I'm obviously hoping that changes soon. I might try tempting them out with a feeding attempt. The Ultra Blue Lobo was at first very blue but has already lost that and is now purple. I'm hoping this is just a light intensity or location issue as I would really want the blue color back. I have it on the sand bed for now in a slightly shady area. Advice or thoughts appreciated...

DAVE
12-06-2015, 12:13 AM
Well so far not so good actually. The Orchid Dendros still have no sign of polyp extension whatsoever. I'm obviously hoping that changes soon. I might try tempting them out with a feeding attempt. The Ultra Blue Lobo was at first very blue but has already lost that and is now purple. I'm hoping this is just a light intensity or location issue as I would really want the blue color back. I have it on the sand bed for now in a slightly shady area. Advice or thoughts appreciated...

Hey Phormium,

Try turning your lights out just a few hours earlier and the dendros. Lobo move a little more back into to a cave like area or off to the side for a bit and then back out into more light gradually.

Keep me posted

Dave

Phormium
12-06-2015, 12:23 AM
Thanks Dave for fast reply.
I think your dendro sentence got cut off...? How much light were you keeping them in?
I will move the Lobo into an even shadier area for a few days and do a more gradual move into the light.
Did you get any new stock this week?

DAVE
12-06-2015, 02:23 PM
Thanks Dave for fast reply.
I think your dendro sentence got cut off...? How much light were you keeping them in?
I will move the Lobo into an even shadier area for a few days and do a more gradual move into the light.
Did you get any new stock this week?

Dendrow were kept in very low light. Polyp extension is seen more at night then daytime which is typical of a dendro. Just try turning your lights off a few hours earlier for the next few days and target feed them

Keep me posted
Dave

Phormium
12-08-2015, 12:43 AM
No sign of polyp extension yet. I moved them under an overhang. I am going to try target feeding in isolation. I thought Dendros were out mainly during the day, if not at least I've read you can train them onto daytime feeding, supposedly.