PDA

View Full Version : What if the cops walk in?

Reef Supplies
11-24-2015, 06:40 PM
http://www.reefsupplies.ca/boards/reef-supplies-cutting-alk.jpg

Think they would ask questions?

Ryanerickson
11-24-2015, 08:09 PM
Years ago I had a Customer at oa cross the boarder with 2 clear bags packed with Epsom and soda ash boarder guys never said a thing he noticed them when he got home.

Reef Supplies
11-24-2015, 08:28 PM
Years ago I had a Customer at oa cross the boarder with 2 clear bags packed with Epsom and soda ash boarder guys never said a thing he noticed them when he got home.

Hah! I was traveling to Florida when I was 18 and my aunt gave me a bag of 5 roses flower wrapped in brown tape (like they don't have flower in Florida, LOL) to bring to her sister. Border security noticed it but didn't even ask.

Good lesson to all drug smugglers, don't hide your stash lol

don.ald
11-25-2015, 01:33 AM
Wanted mangroves some time ago so I found seller on eBay from Hawaii. It was like $100 for 80 pods. I asked about issues shipping to Canada and he said no problem, they are seed pods not flowers or plants.

I ordered and a week later I received a call from border services food/plant inspection in Vancouver telling me these are a no go into Canada without the proper paperwork etc.etc. Numerous calls and Fax correspondence later I was told they will ship them back to the seller at my expense or throw them in the trash.

Talked to the seller and he said trash them, and he refunded my money.

The next day the doorbell rings and its Canada post with a parcel. 80 Mangroves.

Yes I did pay for them.

Bugger
11-25-2015, 02:53 AM
Full on cavity search. with plastic gloves lol

kien
11-25-2015, 03:26 AM
I think you would have been fine if you hadn't put the hoody on. A hoody instantly makes you look suspicious. A hoody plus chemicals and a mask, that's asking for Popo trouble 'fo shizzle.

gregzz4
11-25-2015, 03:40 AM
A hoody plus chemicals and a mask, that's asking for Popo trouble 'fo shizzle.
Nah, that's just regular day gear!

Peeps wear this all day long and don't get the shake down :lol:

Now, if you have a 'vent' sticking out of your reef house, with some smoke and shniznit, then maybe you 'may' get the popo show up
Or your could just leave your curtains open all night long while you run your MHs

Either way, they will find you

kien
11-25-2015, 03:43 AM
they will find you

You are absolutely right about that. I swear in the winter time there are police helicopters constantly hovering over my house. I'm sure they are pointing their heat gun at my house which I'm sure lights up like a bonfire on their scanner compared to everyone else's house around me. 1000 watts of Metal halides for the win! :lol:

Aquattro
11-25-2015, 04:04 AM
I've had cops show up over the lights :) Among other things.

gregzz4
11-25-2015, 04:08 AM
I've had cops show up over the lights :) Among other things.
Brings back some memories, doesn't it Brad ? :boink:

Aquattro
11-25-2015, 04:09 AM
Brings back some memories, doesn't it Brad ? :boink:

We have the best cop story, don't we?? hehe

I have more where that came form too :)

gregzz4
11-25-2015, 04:18 AM
We have the best cop story, don't we?? hehe

Not knowing all the members here I can't say we have the 'best' story, but I know we definately have the absolute BEST story :lol:

gregzz4
11-25-2015, 04:20 AM
Hmm,
What are you holding back ?
I thought I was part of the worst part of your childhood :razz:

Aquattro
11-25-2015, 04:22 AM
Hmm,
What are you holding back ?
I thought I was part of the worst part of your childhood :razz:

That was just one night Greg, of many :)

Reef Supplies
11-25-2015, 01:18 PM
It's not me in the pic, I have 20 years on him.

There is a story floating around in MTL that this one guy was getting staked our for weeks before the GRC broke down his door in the middle of the night only to find a coral grow-op.

Ray

Myka
11-25-2015, 01:23 PM
Our hobby looks really suspicious...not only do we light things up, there are usually people coming and going with coolers and bags and such. Neighbors are probably like, "Why don't they even try to hide it?"

Proteus
11-25-2015, 01:42 PM
Not sure about other cities but Edmonton police services will register you into database with the narcotics unit as reef hobbiest.
There have been a few large scale tank owners that have had police at door for high electrical bills.
One guy I met (runs a dozen halides) had told me that the narc unit stated some grow ops will use large reef tanks as a cover for power consumption

Aquattro
11-25-2015, 03:15 PM
One guy I met (runs a dozen halides) had told me that the narc unit stated some grow ops will use large reef tanks as a cover for power consumption

I knew a guy that ran a grow op behind his guppy raising farm. Had enough heaters attached to justify the output. Just half were disconnected.

DAVE
11-25-2015, 09:58 PM
Not sure about other cities but Edmonton police services will register you into database with the narcotics unit as reef hobbiest.
There have been a few large scale tank owners that have had police at door for high electrical bills.

I am not sure if its just Ontario, but its 100% illegal for a power company to give the police data on power consumption. The police must have reasonable cause to get a search warrant which gives them access to the hydro data.

Bugger
11-26-2015, 04:08 AM
Here's another good one kind of old
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMUyfnvp2fc

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-26-2015, 05:16 AM
Actually, when it snows, you can guess fairly accurately which houses are hosting an illegal grow op by looking at the roofs. It takes a LOT of wattage to melt all the snow off the roofs in the middle of winter. Try this "trick" some time this winter.

Madreefer
11-26-2015, 01:58 PM
Actually, when it snows, you can guess fairly accurately which houses are hosting an illegal grow op by looking at the roofs. It takes a LOT of wattage to melt all the snow off the roofs in the middle of winter. Try this "trick" some time this winter.

They too are trying new technology and switching to LED as well.

Proteus
11-26-2015, 02:05 PM

Or the wife is cold and turns the furnace into a volcano

DAVE
11-26-2015, 05:52 PM
Or the wife is cold and turns the furnace into a volcano

HAHAHAHA....+1 to that!

hillbillyreefer
12-31-2015, 01:51 AM
My wife came home one day with a package all neatly wrapped up in CBSA tape. She was wondering wth I was upto now. Turns out it was a 1kg bag of enzymes for my brewing hobby, coincidentally a nice fine white powder, lol.

Ian
01-04-2016, 08:15 PM
I have a friend in cow town that is into growing orchids. He keeps a greenhouse inside in the winter with a few dozen plants heaters lights etc. He didn't realize it was visible to the neighbors until one night when the door came off the hinges and he had a gun pointed at him....few embarrassed officers that night!