PDA

View Full Version : PVC inside walls sludge build up?

monza
10-18-2004, 05:55 AM
I was switching around some plumbing and noticed quite a scummy sludge in the tubing. Is this of any concern? Should it be regular matinance to clean it?
It would be a real pain on my system traveling from the main to the basement. I have noticed it blow the random amount of sludge in to the tank, the fish seem to like to eat it.

Dave

Delphinus
10-18-2004, 02:33 PM
Someone ought to market a pipeline pig for aquaria scale pipes .. :biggrin:

I wonder the same thing. I would imagine over a large enough time period it could become an issue. My guess though is that aquaria get changed around often enough that the pipes would just be be replaced anyhow before it got to be an actual issue. Just a guess, though. I don't know of too many people who have had the same tank, in the same spot, using the exact same hardware, for more than, say, 2 or 3 years. There's always something to upgrade or change around or somehow make "better".

Skimmerking
10-18-2004, 10:35 PM
this is what i did. but its funny but it worked. :mrgreen:
on my 3md the pressure pump i put some heavy duty kim towel at the top of the return pipe where the return pump is .i did it due the union valve.

Thne i put on the pump and it blew the crap out of the sludge, But rember have somthing ther to catch it like a net in the water.

it worked for me thou.

mike

Or you can take a weight that would fit in the pipe and tie it to the rope and drop it down and then put it through

kari
10-19-2004, 03:04 AM
Someone ought to market a pipeline pig for aquaria scale pipes .. :biggrin:

:lol: Aquarium Smart Pig :lol: That belongs in the DIY section.

monza
10-19-2004, 03:52 AM
The build up itself, to you think it is bad? If fish eat it (mine do) maybe it does not hurt the water quality.

Dave

Azilla
10-19-2004, 03:53 AM
Just dont unhook the pipe and let it sit BLAH!!!! The smell is intense, :eek: