PDA

View Full Version : Steve's RSM 250 retrofit leds

The Guy
11-18-2015, 06:51 PM
Bought this RSM 250 set up last spring and have never really been happy with the led's, light intensity is controlled by a Typhoon controller with 4 channels each having there own times on and off as to sunrise and sunset. I never have been happy with the overall brightness and started to read the installation instructions on the Steve's online support. Well after a lot of reading I came accross a section on the manual dimmers. The instruction say to turn up the dimmers to the highest settings counterclockwise.
But when I picked up the tank the guy I bought it from said to leave the dimmers turned up all the way to the highest position in the clockwise position because of the Typhoon controller doing the adjustments, So it turns out the dimmers have been set all this time to the lowest intensity do to what the seller had them set to.
Needless to say it made a H*ll of a difference to the overall light intensity by reversing the settings on the dimmers. :smile:

davej
11-18-2015, 09:10 PM
I know yours is a Steves but check out this Rapid LED link about adjusting your dimmable drivers. Might help out?

Adjusting dimmable driver (http://www.vinnymarini.com/pictures/rapid_docs/Using%20Your%20Dimmable%20Driver.pdf)

The Guy
11-18-2015, 10:36 PM
I know yours is a Steves but check out this Rapid LED link about adjusting your dimmable drivers. Might help out?

Adjusting dimmable driver (http://www.vinnymarini.com/pictures/rapid_docs/Using%20Your%20Dimmable%20Driver.pdf)

Hey thanks for the link, tells it all very well. I think what's important is that the controller is given the full potential that is available from the system, but with the manual dimmers set at the bottom of the scale and limited intensity it's no wonder I was losing corals. No problem with the hardy ones or low light consumers, hopefully I'll start growing some coralline algea now. I have sent 2 e-mails to Steve's led's because they don't answer their help line phone number at all and you can't leave a message because their mail box is full.
So far I have received no replies to my e-mail questions.
All I could do was access their website download the installation instructions and try and figure it out myself. As of this moment Steve's Led's gets a FAIL for customer service help by me. :noidea: