PDA

View Full Version : Painting with a tank

Chase31
11-17-2015, 01:21 AM
So I have an open stand and open top but want to paint the room with my tank in it, done some searches and haven't come up with a lot. Has anyone done this in a small room painted the roof ect. I would need to poly the whole thing. And make sure nothing gets in the water, how are the fumes??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myka
11-17-2015, 01:44 AM
I've never had a problem using General Paint latex paints. I just cover the tank with a sheet. You should open the windows though until the paint is dry to the touch at least. If you're really concerned there are paints available that are considered safe for pregnant women - that's as safe as it gets for paint.

spit.fire
11-17-2015, 03:30 AM
id probably turn the skimmer off

Chase31
11-17-2015, 04:42 AM
Honestly I'm looking for an excuse to not paint the room haha fumes is what worries me the most

rynoe
11-17-2015, 05:51 AM
Modern household paint is fine. I have done the room my tank is in several times with no issues. Aresol paints however are a nightmare. My wife was doing crafts with the kids a few years back and spray painted one small item and within the hour the tank was wiped.

patpare
11-17-2015, 12:03 PM
Most paint are low Voc safe for hospitals,if you have a Dulux paints store get some paint that is called life master.
I'm a painter by trade and this is the brand that we use for hospitals and schools.
I painted my living room 2months ago with no issues.

Myka
11-17-2015, 01:37 PM
Honestly I'm looking for an excuse to not paint the room haha fumes is what worries me the most

Yeah, you're probably not going to get the answer you want. Sorry. :mrgreen:

Chase31
11-17-2015, 01:40 PM
Thank
You for the replys there is some good information here

Aquattro
11-17-2015, 01:55 PM
I painted my living room without concern for the tank. It was fine. I used gray paint :)