PDA

View Full Version : Flasher wrasse coloring

Beast
11-03-2015, 06:36 PM
Hello,

Our LFS has McCosker's in stock but they are maybe 1.5" at the outset. They aren't fully coloured up yet, and I was curious if they would get to those brilliant colors in captivity if purchased as juvenile. Do you have to get an adult to have that brilliant color?

Slyguy00
11-03-2015, 07:51 PM
They usually get all the nice colour once they get older. As far as I know it doesn't have any effect on colour being in captivity or not. As long as they are happy and healthy the colour should come.

George
11-03-2015, 07:52 PM
Hello,

Our LFS has McCosker's in stock but they are maybe 1.5" at the outset. They aren't fully coloured up yet, and I was curious if they would get to those brilliant colors in captivity if purchased as juvenile. Do you have to get an adult to have that brilliant color?

I think what you saw are females (or sub-males) McCosker's. Get a couple of them and watch one or both turn into males. :biggrin: Adult males have "brilliant color".
Good luck.

Beast
11-03-2015, 08:52 PM
I was debating getting two - either two McCoskers or one McCoskers and one Yellowfin flasher. I can't really decide which is prettier. They are both awesome. Id ideally love two males of different species who flash each other in territorial disputes (without getting aggressive), but I bet two males won't be different than just having the one fish in terms of color and behaviour..

I'm getting it/them after work tonight and putting them into a 14 gal quarantine tank for a week. Again, if this is the wrong thing to do, please let me know. I only have experience with Lyretail Lunars, which are a totally different creature.