PDA

View Full Version : Tunze Osmolator topoff system FS

Bob I
10-17-2004, 12:13 AM
I have a Tunze Osmolator topoff system for sale. It is brand new "in the box", $229.00 from J&L. I have a feeling I am not going to use it. I will take offers, but be reasonable. Don't insult me. It is brand new. :biggrin:
http://www.jlaquatics.com/cgi-bin/shopping/jalstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=tz-osmolator

AJ_77
10-17-2004, 03:40 AM
What exactly does this unit do, Bob?

Skimmerking
10-17-2004, 04:20 AM
Bob check with Doug i think that he is looking for one not to sure.

Oh by the way you have any pictures of it .might be interested
mike

Bob I
10-17-2004, 03:38 PM
Bob check with Doug i think that he is looking for one not to sure.

Oh by the way you have any pictures of it .might be interested
mike

Picture of a box :question: . Remember it is still in the box, and not assembled. :biggrin:, OK link below :mrgreen:

http://www.jlaquatics.com/cgi-bin/shopping/jalstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=tz-osmolator

Bob I
10-17-2004, 03:39 PM

It automatically tops up the water level in the tank. :mrgreen:

Skimmerking
10-17-2004, 05:06 PM
Well DUH, :eek:
I know that its in the box you told us that. I was thinking that you might of opened it like some people do to take a look at it. :confused:

Bob I
10-17-2004, 05:12 PM
Well DUH, :eek:
I know that its in the box you told us that. I was thinking that you might of opened it like some people do to take a look at it. :confused:

I did open the box, but then you just have a bunch of pieces. I think it is actually pictured on the J&L site. I will have a look, and provide a link if it is. :biggrin:

Skimmerking
10-17-2004, 05:17 PM
I found it Bob, thanks doug is on the site as we speak. If ya didnt ask him or get to him yet.

mike

MitchM
10-17-2004, 08:41 PM

Alan,

I use one on my system, if you would like to see one in action next time you're out in my area.

Mitch

AJ_77
10-17-2004, 10:16 PM
I was curious if it worked with kalkwasser.

Skimmerking
10-17-2004, 11:00 PM
Alan JUST MY OPINION... Maybe it will work .

I dont think it would work due to went the water drops down its going to activate a pump, that you would have in a sump container with RO water. Its going to push out depending on how fast the pump it or a powerhead.

Not like a kalk container that is dripping slowly, to avoid spiking the ph. that is why you need to drip slowly with kalk. With Ro water its not going to make a big difference.

mike

Samw
10-17-2004, 11:05 PM
I was curious if it worked with kalkwasser.

You can get a kalk dispensor for it. This one by tunze is designed to work with osmolator

http://www.jlaquatics.com/cgi-bin/shopping/jalstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=tz-kalkdis

I made my own.

You can also hook up a kalk reactor if you wish. I would have but I can't afford it.

trilinearmipmap
10-18-2004, 12:26 AM
I run mine without a kalk dispenser in the bottom of a container of kalkwasser, it is sitting on eggcrate to keep it above the kalk residue at the bottom of the container, it works fine. The only issue is the pump will seize up from Calcium carbonate deposits sooner this way, easily avoided by periodically running the pump in a bucket of vinegar.

Skimmerking
10-18-2004, 02:38 AM
ok then then it will work .

there you have it.

mike

sorry for the wrong input there buds. Doug corrected me on that..

:biggrin: