PDA

View Full Version : Blue Mille locally?

AJ_77
10-15-2004, 11:18 PM
Anybody got a piece like the blue Millepora Steve is breaking up for frags in Victoria? I've been drooling over it, and would sure appreciate finding a frag locally.

Here's his:

http://members.shaw.ca/crystalk/algae15.jpg

Yum! My other millepora seems to be doing well, but needs a buddy. :biggrin: Any one?

Aquattro
10-15-2004, 11:43 PM
Good thing I don't live there!! I'd feel even worse for tossing out about a pound of blue milli last night!! Darn thing won't stop growing!! :razz:

Quinn
10-15-2004, 11:47 PM
You're joking right Brad?

You know it's pretty easy to ship corals via UPS/Fedex, you Westerners should throw some stuff in a box and send it out here. Or maybe Deb could bring some interesting stuff back, supplement what's available here.

AJ_77
10-15-2004, 11:52 PM
you're hurtin me, Brad...

:mrgreen:

Aquattro
10-16-2004, 12:48 AM
Sorry, Quinn, no joke. I had a bit of recession on a colony that was way too large. I chopped about a 6 sq. in. piece and the rest went away.
Shippig is really a hassle for livestock, as I'd have to go to the airport about 30 minutes from here. I'm not known to have much spare time for such activities.

Quinn
10-16-2004, 01:45 AM
You can drop packages off at MBE or call for pickup. I've shipped livestock to the coast this way. Oh well, I don't have a tank for anything right now anyways.

Aquattro
10-16-2004, 04:57 AM
MBE??

Quinn
10-16-2004, 04:57 AM
Mail Boxes Etc.

AJ_77
10-16-2004, 04:14 PM
Appreciate the input, but until I can drive over to Brad's and pick up (and oh how I want to be able to do that), we'll just have to wince at the thought, and look at pretty pictures...

StirCrazy
10-16-2004, 08:20 PM
Appreciate the input, but until I can drive over to Brad's and pick up (and oh how I want to be able to do that), we'll just have to wince at the thought, and look at pretty pictures...

not the same milli, but I am saving a chunk for Brad as I need a chunk of the blue one he has also :mrgreen:

Steve

Aquattro
10-16-2004, 10:21 PM
Steve, if you want a piece, come get it. Bring bags.

AJ_77
10-17-2004, 12:50 AM
i'm dyin' here....

b@st@rds...

you guys know i'm kidding - hope we can get some genetic diversity this way soon...
:razz:

Bob I
10-17-2004, 01:32 AM
i'm dyin' here....

b@st@rds...

you guys know i'm kidding - hope we can get some genetic diversity this way soon...

So, why not try the method that Canadian Reef used to get some zoos to Calgary :question: . If I remember correctly, Purolater offers a system whereby you drop it off by a certain time delivery is guaranteed by 10:00 AM the next day. Just an idea. :eek: . Don't shoot the messenger. :mrgreen:

IOW give Brad something for his trouble for something he was going to throw out anyway. And you pay the shipping. Everybody is happy. :biggrin:

AJ_77
10-17-2004, 03:41 AM
I think I need to get with Deb's idea, and start saving some serious air miles...

StirCrazy
10-17-2004, 04:20 AM
i'm dyin' here....

b@st@rds...

So, why not try the method that Canadian Reef used to get some zoos to Calgary :question: . If I remember correctly, Purolater offers a system whereby you drop it off by a certain time delivery is guaranteed by 10:00 AM the next day. Just an idea. :eek: . Don't shoot the messenger. :mrgreen:

IOW give Brad something for his trouble for something he was going to throw out anyway. And you pay the shipping. Everybody is happy. :biggrin:

the problem is the island Bob, ever company adds a day to there delivery times if it is farther than vancouver. so one day shipping becomes 2 day right off the bat. also most use the bus or what ever on the ferry to get to there main depot on the mainland so most of the time it ends up being a 3 day minimum going from the island :rolleyes:

Steve

Aquattro
10-17-2004, 04:47 AM
I think I need to get with Deb's idea, and start saving some serious air miles...
You fly out here, and I'll send you home with some blue milli. And pink. And green. And stuff. :razz:

AJ_77
10-17-2004, 06:17 PM
You fly out here, and I'll send you home with some blue milli. And pink. And green. And stuff. :razz:
Oh yeah... :cool: