PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy atman pump parts?

Reef-Geek
10-25-2015, 11:06 PM
Hi guys,

my swc skimmer's pump stopped working and it's because the needle wheel is splitting into 2 parts, I would like to buy a replacement needle wheel but cannot find it anywhere in Canada, anyone can help?

I am not too sure about the model of the pump, cause there is no labels or anything, but I believe it's either Atman 1100 or 2500.

Thanks

George
10-26-2015, 05:27 AM
fish-street.com has the impeller.

spit.fire
10-26-2015, 05:59 AM
Fish street or ebay

hfp75
10-26-2015, 02:27 PM
Phone Eshopps and ask them. I needed an Atman & they had them and parts, prices aren't cheap. Consider a Sicce instead - they have both.

I cheaper out and bought an Atman from Fishstreet and it didn't work - turned into a PITA....

H

Reef-Geek
10-26-2015, 06:40 PM
Thanks guys, the impeller itself costs around $60 and it's too expensive for me,
should I consider a brand new skimmer instead?

I would limit my budget to $250, small footprint if possible, any suggestions?

Thanks

George
10-26-2015, 08:29 PM
Thanks guys, the impeller itself costs around $60 and it's too expensive for me,
should I consider a brand new skimmer instead?

I would limit my budget to $250, small footprint if possible, any suggestions?

Thanks

What size tank?
$250 is a stretch for a brand new, half-decent skimmer. But it's enough to buy a used skimmer for most of tanks.
Keep an eye out on the buy/sell forums on this board if you are not in a hurry, or posting a "looking for" ad in the forum.

Reef-Geek
10-26-2015, 08:33 PM
What size tank?
$250 is a stretch for a brand new, half-decent skimmer. But it's enough to buy a used skimmer for most of tanks.
Keep an eye out on the buy/sell forums on this board if you are not in a hurry, or posting a "looking for" ad in the forum.

sorry, I should have mentioned that, my tank is 72g with 20g sump, total water volume is about 70g or less maybe. I was using a SWC 120 and I am thinking about this one for only $200:

http://www.goreef.com/Bubble-Magus-Curve-5-Protein-Skimmer-140G.html

any one know where I can find it locally in Vancouver area?

any comments regarding to the skimmer selection will be appreciated, thanks.

PS. It is ridiculous to buy a replacement pump for more than $60!!

spit.fire
10-27-2015, 01:05 AM
sorry, I should have mentioned that, my tank is 72g with 20g sump, total water volume is about 70g or less maybe. I was using a SWC 120 and I am thinking about this one for only $200:

http://www.goreef.com/Bubble-Magus-Curve-5-Protein-Skimmer-140G.html

any one know where I can find it locally in Vancouver area?

any comments regarding to the skimmer selection will be appreciated, thanks.

PS. It is ridiculous to buy a replacement pump for more than $60!!

there was an omega 130 on here for sale not to long ago, ive got an omega 150 but its slightly more than your budget ($70 more)