PDA

View Full Version : Chillers

Wretch
10-22-2015, 12:53 AM
I was curious if anyone knows at what temperature a chillers effectiveness is decreased? So if the room my tank is in is 35C will the chiller still work effectively? or will it be running all the time with out much cooling effect? Thanks.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
10-22-2015, 01:56 AM
Are you able to pump the hot air from the chiller outside or will it be pumped into the same room?

It will probably be on all the time either way, but it will heat up the room even more if its not blowing hot air outside.

Personally, I would install an air conditioner and cool down the room if that's possible.:wink:

mihaivapler
10-22-2015, 03:17 AM
I was curious if anyone knows at what temperature a chillers effectiveness is decreased? So if the room my tank is in is 35C will the chiller still work effectively? or will it be running all the time with out much cooling effect? Thanks.
the exhaust from the chiller has to do outside of the room,because all the heat the chiller extracts from the tank will heat the room and re-heat the tank so your chiller is inefficient

Aquattro
10-22-2015, 03:34 AM
A chiller should only respond to input via the probe. Mine sits outside, so it ranges from 0 - 30 degrees ambient temp, no issues.
If it's in a hot room, it will make the room hotter, but it should work as designed as far as chilling goes.

WarDog
10-22-2015, 07:14 PM
After seeing your set up, I can only think of 2 options. 1) put the chiller on the balcony and run 60 feet of hose off a big pump or 2) exhaust the chiller out the window next to the tank. I like option 2.

Wretch
10-22-2015, 10:02 PM
I am not sure about venting out a window as my windows open out and can't be locked while open. Damn hot condos.

WarDog
10-22-2015, 10:55 PM
Ah. Option 1 then? Dude, just get a new tank and put it by the balcony. I know where there is a 120 all ready to go, lol.

Wretch
10-22-2015, 11:27 PM
Ah. Option 1 then? Dude, just get a new tank and put it by the balcony. I know where there is a 120 all ready to go, lol.

I was pretty sure that 120 was supposed to go to your house. As for me I might just have to get a better fan and livestock that likes really warm water.