PDA

View Full Version : A hard goodbye

asylumdown
10-19-2015, 04:40 AM
To my saltwater friends:

After defining my identity around the keeping of things aquatic for the past... 8 years? The time has come to take a pause. Not say goodbye, just... take a pause.

For the better part of a decade this forum was the first and last thing I looked at every day. It was also the place I'd come to talk, think, and argue for hours at a time when I really should have been doing just about anything else. The conversation, debates, knowledge, and shared passion I found here made me feel like less of a weirdo for being such an incredible nerd. It showed me that you really could paint with life, and that art isn't just boring pictures you hang on a wall.

However, as I'm sure (hope?) some of you have noticed, I fell of the digital cliff 5 months ago, precisely when we sold the house we built around my 275 gallon SPS baby and moved in to a place with *gasp* no tank. While I'm never going to stop reading fish tank blogs, or exhaling in cathartic relief whenever I catch a whiff of the briny deep, the time has come once again to make a major life change. Instead of getting another tank, we'll be getting a "real" baby, and moving our family to a much smaller, less aquatic friendly home in the sky in downtown Toronto.

Yes, I'll buy season's passes to the Ripley aquarium and yes I'll tell myself that I could have picked better lights, coral, and fish combinations every time we go. No, I'll never stop being a reefer, or stop appreciating what this community has given me the past few years.

Till we meet again, my fishy friends!

Adam

Aquattro
10-19-2015, 05:00 AM
Thanks for all the years of joining in, you'll be missed. Good luck with the future!

Slyguy00
10-19-2015, 10:29 AM
Good luck on your journey! Gonna miss those pics!

corpusse
10-19-2015, 10:49 AM
Lots of reef shops in the gta. Lots of smaller tanks available if you want to start up again it won't be hard in your new location.

christyf5
10-19-2015, 07:34 PM
Wow! Congrats on escaping, ahem, I mean the new baby, lol. Sorry to see you go, you've been a fixture around here for awhile. Don't forget to check in and say hi every once in awhile so we can attempt to suck you back in :wink:

Animal-Chin
10-19-2015, 08:12 PM
You know, nothing says soothing nursery better than a nano tank, just sayin...:lol:

Ron99
10-19-2015, 08:25 PM
+1 on that. Do a simple LPS and softy nano :)

Taipan
10-19-2015, 08:29 PM
Welcome to the center of the universe - I'm kidding. Drop me a line if you'd like a comprehensive tour of the various LFS in the Greater Toronto Area. Best wishes and safe travels.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
10-19-2015, 10:41 PM
We'll miss you but its good to take a break sometimes, recharge, do something different and when you come back, you'll have new ideas and a fresh perspective.

BTW, both my kids LOVE the saltwater (and fw) fish tanks:wink: Just saying.:twised:

Anthony

FishyFishy!
10-20-2015, 12:39 AM
You'll be missed Adam. But you'll be back! Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorra. But some day.

Myka
10-20-2015, 02:53 AM
I did notice you were AFK lately Adam, but I thought it was the summer slow down. So sad it`s a little leech (baby) that has sucked you away. ;) Good luck in Toronna! You`ll be back...it will start with a Nuvo 40 or something. Hehehe...