PDA

View Full Version : Blackworms anybody?

rishu_pepper
10-17-2015, 04:57 PM
Picked up a pound of live blackworms after reading endlessly about its greatness for marine fish on RC. They weren't cheap but the results below say it will be worth it.

Went home and started feeding them with it from turkey basters. My fish went bonkers! They literally would gobble them up even before the worms left the tip of the baster. Initially I bought them to feed my marine betta (it wasn't accepting much foods, frozen or prepared, I couldn't tell if it hunts pods in the middle of the night), and it took to them happily with big gulps. Joanne and I had to have different basters on each end of the tank so the betta (at the fron end) and the rest got even shares!

Currently keeping them in a 10g, bottom lined with brown paper towels, running an airstone with RODI water. Is this a good way to keep them alive? Will WC weekly. I didn't want these guys in the refrigerator because of the smell lol :lol:

Anybody else keep/raise blackworms?

albert_dao
10-17-2015, 07:28 PM
Do a couple water changes on them and put them in the fridge man. The smell WILL get worse and they will die if they get warm.

rishu_pepper
10-17-2015, 07:36 PM
Do a couple water changes on them and put them in the fridge man. The smell WILL get worse and they will die if they get warm.
What if I leave them outside in the shade? It's pretty cool out, much more so than inside the apartment.