PDA

View Full Version : Copper?

bulletsworld
10-14-2004, 05:31 PM
Which one have you tried & liked using? CopperSafe or Cupramine?

So confused by which one is more stable after reading varies of past post. As I have never used but my only option now, I would love to hear your thoughts on copper & experiences? Which one you liked better and the drawbacks you came across. Is it true that CopperSafe is more stable or is Cupramine you found better?

Thanks a bunch in advance

Aquattro
10-14-2004, 05:42 PM
Just to be clear, you aren't using this in a reef, right??

bulletsworld
10-14-2004, 08:52 PM
O.h for sure...NOT! I have a 29gal going for some time now but its going through cycling.

I'm still battling Velvet which has been an ongoing almost three month now. I was trying many things just to avoid use of copper but tried everything and now copper is the only thing I got left.

I can control the Velvet by transfering the fish every three days to new clean tubs, yup every 3 days (I'm sOoOOo tired) and FW dips but can't rid the Velvet only control it. I have tried & treated with, "Rally, "Acriflavin", "Hypo-transfer", "formalin"and now "Marex-Chloroquine Phosphate (Product from the states)" with little success.

Since I have scaleless fish (puffer & cowfish) I was warned to say away from the product "Paraguard", So looks like copper which is my fear (overdosing) is the only option I have left or watch my favorite fishy friends die. :cry:

So looking for what people have used for copper here (CopperSafe or Cupramine) and the problems you came across. I know no one likes to talk about fish they lost due to overdose but sometimes it helps others to watch out for the those things.

bulletsworld
10-15-2004, 12:21 AM
Hmmm..... Looking for a test kit to use with Cupramine. I hear seachem's copper test kit are the best but not able to find one anywhere, not even on J&L's site?

Which test kit do you use with Cupramine? Read that Salifert test kit says copper concentration is zero. It doesn't measure cupramine? :eek:

UnderWorldAquatics
10-15-2004, 12:34 AM
I have a new box of Cupramine brand test kit....
made specifically for cuprimine
think it does 25 tests or something....

just sitting around, dont use it as I have a electronic colorimeter that tests for copper....