PDA

View Full Version : help?

littleboyblue16
10-14-2004, 05:39 AM
i need help, ok someone at my work desided to drop of some corals
but they seem to be dieing and i want to save the suckers
one is a plate coral - short Tentacle
and a mushroom, not to sure what kind he never told me, but they are dieing the mushrooms are falling off and turning to mush, and the plate corals Tentacle are not moving at all.... help

i read alittle on them and put the stuff that they need in the water, and what they say, but maybe i am missing a trick that someone knows......

Matt

IslandReefer
10-22-2004, 11:49 AM
Greetings Matt.
What is needed here is a discription of your system and the events surounding the problems. It seems that most problems fall into the lighting, flow or water quality columns.
With this info there should be lots of speculation....errr help, from everyone on the board and locally tooo I'd bet.
FWIW, a friend gave me a mushroom rock with disolving,pale shrooms on it...(he thinks it was his t5 light...?), I put it under 250MH/shaded and on the bottom (next to the blue shrooms already there)...still melted to nubs....moved to PC 15g recovering....go figure.
As for the plate, med flow , on the sand (room to expand)(apx 24in from 250MH.), keep sh....t off it and I fed mine.
Good luck