PDA

View Full Version : Meeting #2

Troy F
10-15-2001, 03:29 PM
We didn't get the turnout that we did for the first but anytime I get to talk reefs with a bunch of fellow reefgeeks it is a good day. Darren's tank is a real gem. He's made livestock choices that befit a smaller tank and it has paid off beautifully. Pictures don't do it justice, if you get a chance to see it jump on it.

Thanks for having us over Darren.

DJ88
10-15-2001, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the compliments Troy.. Appreciate it..

It is too bad more people didn't stop by.. I had some frags to give away. No-one who came had a tank for SPS.. sigh..

more for me.. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

See ya soon.

Not sure if I will have another one.. This time I will be asking for absolute positives for coming. I am at school right now and took time out from mid terms for this. With that said..

Those interested I will need to know for sure in the next few days if you are coming. If the numbers are good I'll do it again.. Same time same place.. I also want to know soon so that Shane and Christy can make plans as well.. After all they have a long trip..

Lemme know Guys and Gals.. You'll find my email in the old Oct meeting thread..

BCReefer
10-15-2001, 08:27 PM
Sorry I couldn't make it. I had the map and everything with me but after I ref. 2 soccer games the only place I wanted to go wsa to the couch. Any chance that we can have it on a Saturday?

Reefmaster
10-15-2001, 11:32 PM
i'm thinking that many people are like me and need at least a few weeks notice (not that i have been to any of these so what the heck do i know!!). and as much as i want to get together, see other tanks, and talk reeftalk over a cold beer, i would prefer to make the trip when there is going to be a good meeting with a great turnout. makes it that much more worthwhile!
it turns out this weekend isn't going to work for the trek for me either. for those on the island, we could certainly do a loco get-together here on short notice.

canadawest
10-16-2001, 04:50 AM
Fine then, have your meetings somewhere else. See if I care! images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<kidding of course> Glad to hear that it was fun. If I didn't have so many errands to do (it was Sunday damnit, a day of rest no?) I would have loved to hang out and chat reefs too.

Anyways, maybe if Darren decides to have a get-together next weekend I'll see some of you then?

DJ88
10-18-2001, 03:56 PM
Well due to lack of interest or enough time to prepare, this weekend proposed meeting won't be on.

SuperFudge
10-18-2001, 08:34 PM
Sorry i couldnt make it Darren,i havent had an ounce of time lately,only about 5 1/2 more weeks and i think i can breathe again images/smiles/icon_sad.gif

God knows how bad i just want to kick back with a few cold ones...

Marc.

Aquattro
10-19-2001, 01:28 AM
Hey Darren, I almost made it! I came over on Saturday, but got called back that night. Don't think I can get over there for a while now. My wife says I spend too much when I go to Van images/smiles/icon_razz.gif Adam is trying to get a get-together going for us islanders so we don't feel left out! SUre could have given a couple of frags a good home. Just got my first Acro from J&L and it's doing great!

BCReefer
10-19-2001, 01:01 PM
I really want to make it to the next meeting, but can we please have a 2 week lead time so I can arrange it?

I am very interested in seeing people's systems upclose and personal. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif