PDA

View Full Version : Bucket Brigade ! ( Moving )

Buccaneer
10-13-2004, 06:33 PM
Hey Guys & Gals ... I have finally figured out how I am going to move my 300G tank

For starters the 300G inwall tank will have to be disassembled as it is too heavy/awkward to remove from my basement :sad:

I do have another 300G tank that I have moved to the basement of the new house and should be ready to receive my rock/coral/livestock by the 22 nd or 23 rd ( fri/sat )

To minimize shock and make it as smooth a move as possible I am looking for volunteers to bring buckets and help to move all my rock/coral/livestock over to the new house on fri or sat ( whichever works best for the volunteers :razz: :mrgreen: )

Please reply in this thread if anyone can help out with the move as it will be a HUGE help to get this out of the way so I can disassemble the inwall tank and patch over the wall in my basement in time for the new owners to take this house on the 29 th :eek:

Cheers

Delphinus
10-13-2004, 07:19 PM
Sure... No problemo mon.

RobbAdams
10-13-2004, 08:01 PM
I would probably be able to help out.

Robb Adams

Buccaneer
10-14-2004, 12:00 AM
Thanks Guys ... really appreciate it ... as the title suggests if you have any buckets please bring them along so we can hopefully just move them all at once into the new tank.

:mrgreen:

Cheers

Bob I
10-14-2004, 01:05 AM
Saturday the 23d sounds like a distinct possiblity for me. I only have to pack a small lunch to go to your place compared to some others I have been to. :biggrin: :eek:

Cap'n
10-14-2004, 02:36 AM
Available Fri and Sat evening only. I do have a lot of buckets I could bring along, or maybe even drop off early if it will be more helpful.

Buccaneer
10-14-2004, 08:02 PM
Thanks guys ... the more the merrier :lol:

Quinn
10-14-2004, 08:21 PM
Could possibly assist on the 23rd if needed? Early afternoon.

monza
10-15-2004, 04:13 AM
I can help, please make sure you send a reminder.

Do non-sealing buckets work (trash can/with lid) or does it slosh all over?

Dave

Buccaneer
10-20-2004, 09:13 PM
Hey Guys ... I just heard from the site supervisor for my house that the hardwood guys wont finish till Sunday nite ( finish onsite so it has to cure ) :sad:

I am now looking at Monday nite to move the livestock over ... I hope at least some of you will still be able to make it ... let me know if you can

Did I mention the beer & pizza ? :razz: :mrgreen:

Thanks again

Tarolisol
10-20-2004, 09:20 PM
Ill be there monday night. Just need to know where. :biggrin:

RobbAdams
10-20-2004, 10:45 PM
Sorry Steve my wife has rights to the car on Monday nights so she can go play volleyball.

Robb

Delphinus
10-20-2004, 10:48 PM
Still available (although for not as late as would have been on a weekend... :neutral: ... )

Canadian Man
10-20-2004, 11:34 PM
I might be able to help now that it's on monday Steve.
It would be in the evening after work though.

So maybe 6ish?

Let me know if you want me there and PM me your addy again. :rolleyes:

Buccaneer
10-20-2004, 11:55 PM
Thanks guys ... I am taking Monday off ... so we can setup a evening time of 6 ish or anytime Monday is cool with me ( beggars cant be choosers LOL )

I will do as much as I can all day and then we can move the rest when you guys show up.

Just call me on my cell for directions ( 397-7757 ) and thanks again for the help.

Tarolisol
10-21-2004, 01:15 AM
Hey buk i can help you during the day on monday if ya want and ill bring my jeep for more room if needed. Also you got a PM.

Buccaneer
10-21-2004, 01:28 AM
Hey buk i can help you during the day on monday if ya want and ill bring my jeep for more room if needed. Also you got a PM.

Sounds good ... just give me a call on Monday and I will give you directions.

Thanks

Bob I
10-21-2004, 02:25 AM
Sorry, but for me it is weekends only. :sad:

TANGOMAN
10-21-2004, 03:35 AM
Aaahaaa, I seen the word I needed! :drinking: . Monday works for me. I've got the afternoon free so we can be all liquored-up by the time help arrives...:lol:

Tarolisol
10-21-2004, 03:39 AM
Now tangmans thinkin. Sounds like a plan :mrgreen:

Quinn
10-21-2004, 03:57 AM
Now tangmans thinkin. Sounds like a plan :mrgreen:

That's not thinking. That's instinct.

Buccaneer
10-21-2004, 05:29 AM
If you tangle up just Tango on :razz:

No worries on the ale :eek: I am happy to supply :lol:

Just a update ... I replaced the side panel in the temp tank last wednesday and reinstalled the front eurobrace

Tonight I just filled the tank and put 3 X 250W heaters in it ( had to hook up a hose to the neighbours house ) great way to meet your neighbour right ? ... Hi ... I have a big-ass tank that I need to fill and dont have running water yet ... Oh btw my name is Steve :razz: :eek: :mrgreen:

Will add salt once it gets up to temperature.

UPDATE : ... salt added last night ... so far so good :mrgreen:

Buccaneer
10-25-2004, 04:09 PM
For those that can make it over today ... my address is 328 Douglas Ridge Green S.E and you can reach me on my cell at 397-7757

dont forget to bring buckets :razz: :mrgreen:

Cheers

Buccaneer
10-26-2004, 09:50 AM
Update : ... Dave, Tony, Sean and myself managed move some 450lbs of rock and coral till 1:30 AM ... I dont know what to get these guys yet in return but I owe the BIG TIME ! :eek: :mrgreen: ... you guys are unbelieveable !

So I will tackle the moving of the fish today and also my GBTA decided to attach to the back of my tank and wont let go so will try to convince him to move to the new tank as well LOL

Thanks again to those that showed up and to those that called or PM'd that could not make it due to unexpected circumstances.

Cheers

DiscusZ
10-26-2004, 07:19 PM
Glad the move went well for ya Steve. Wish I could of made it, I was up coughing my a$$ off at that time too

Jim

Delphinus
10-26-2004, 09:15 PM
I have been saying "uuunngggghhhhhhhhhhhhh" a lot today ..... :lol:

uuunngggghhhhhhhhhhhhh..... :sleeping: :morning:

Buccaneer
10-26-2004, 10:13 PM
I have been saying "uuunngggghhhhhhhhhhhhh" a lot today ..... :lol:

uuunngggghhhhhhhhhhhhh..... :sleeping: :morning:

I hear ya Tony < and I got more sleep ... 5 hrs I think :mrgreen: > ... did not finish up at the new place till 3:30 :eek:

Tarolisol
10-26-2004, 10:36 PM
haha for the little lifting i did my shoulders actully hurt, Man am i outa shape. :confused:

AJ_77
10-27-2004, 02:03 AM
I'm really sorry I couldn't help out, Steve. It didn't work out for me at all yesterday.

But I DID force-feed a Regal Angel tonight... :eek: One squirt down, one to go! Gotta go see if he has regurgitated any... blehhh. :confused:

TANGOMAN
10-27-2004, 02:35 AM
Aaaaaw man, do I feel like an ass !!! I was ready for Monday, next week... :redface: . I'm really sorry Steve. I said I'd be there and I wasn't. I hate doing that to people as I know all too well how it can screw up "time management". Please accept my apologies.

Bob I
10-27-2004, 02:57 AM
I'm really sorry I couldn't help out, Steve. It didn't work out for me at all yesterday.

But I DID force-feed a Regal Angel tonight... :eek: One squirt down, one to go! Gotta go see if he has regurgitated any... blehhh. :confused:

Now that honestly is a first for me. I have never in all my days heard of force feeding a FISH. :eek: . How the H*** do you do that. :question:

AJ_77
10-27-2004, 03:26 AM
Bob: To not hijack this thread, I answered in the other.

Steve: hope everything turns out alright, and that you got some photos somehow.

Buccaneer
10-27-2004, 06:09 AM
Aaaaaw man, do I feel like an ass !!! I was ready for Monday, next week... :redface: . I'm really sorry Steve. I said I'd be there and I wasn't. I hate doing that to people as I know all too well how it can screw up "time management". Please accept my apologies.

No worries ... Just show up to help us with Dave's tank ( he has a 300G on order ) and all will be even :razz: < we will set the alarm clock for you and call you an hour before LOL > :mrgreen:

Tarolisol
10-27-2004, 06:14 AM
haha daves tank, buckets of water are one thing a 300 gallon tank that might take a bit more then some beers. :lol:

Buccaneer
10-27-2004, 06:19 AM

Sorry you did not show Alan but we all have commitments so no worries man ... sadly we were too tired to think about pics but if I could draw you a picture of Tony, Dave, Nobby and myself at 1:30 am we would have looked pretty bagged :eek: :mrgreen:

As to that Angel ... do what you can ... I saw a Majestic Angel eat cyclopeze on it's first day in the store at Golds so maybe give that a try as well.

monza
10-27-2004, 01:55 PM
bagged with long arms

How did the fish do on the move?

Buccaneer
10-28-2004, 05:13 AM
bagged with long arms

How did the fish do on the move?

Thanks again Dave ... that truck sure can hold alot of buckets :razz: :lol:

The fish are looking pretty good considering ... used the ice trick to get the anemone to release his foot from the back wall ... had some difficulty with the halides and had to run them on the same circuit as the heaters and pump so due to load can only run 2 at this time but with the shorter tank it is not so bad < will rig a new breaker for the halides asap >

It is frag central in my tank but that was to be expected ... hopefully the actual house move tomorrow goes off without a hitch :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

Tarolisol
10-28-2004, 05:23 AM
So how bad were the corals broken. I guess i shouldnt have taken that detour over that curve with all those buckets. :eek: j/k :mrgreen:

Delphinus
10-28-2004, 02:35 PM
Good luck with the house move today.

Glad to hear the fish are doing OK. :biggrin:

Buccaneer
10-29-2004, 09:19 PM
When I posted this thread ( http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8155 ) I know some of you thought I had rocks in my head :eek: ... and while that may be true :rolleyes: ... it turns out the tank was a big factor in the buyers purchase of my house and they paid for it seperate from the house deal :cool:

We had the moving trucks at the old house at 9 am and they did not finish moving our stuff till 11 pm :eek:

Only one outside flower pot broken through all that.

The fish and corals are doing awesome ... no casualties to report but a few " accidental frags " as expected.

Tarolisol
10-29-2004, 11:28 PM
Glad to hear everythings doin well. :cool: