PDA

View Full Version : Mushroom Eratication?

bluetang
10-13-2004, 02:15 AM
First of all sorry for the pic quality..
I have a Candy Cane frag with mushrooms growing on it. If you look at the left side, the mushrooms are taking over and slowly squeezing the life out of one of the heads.
Help...What can i do to get rids of them. Ive tried scraping them off with a exacto knife but they just came back each time.
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RwB3A7IUd88Q6A7xGeTFd8fmtqJJXmXrFOqX!IIIKVMLNu0Up PxnADfjV4r*pJPAelKeMzzDvXU6ueVzlQSi8vRPIe8WEoxPkmj Gmg2Ghmo/DSCN0934.JPG

Delphinus
10-13-2004, 04:32 AM
Keep scraping ... You could try injecting kalk paste maybe.

Canadian Man
10-13-2004, 05:44 AM
The kalk past trick works great! I got a syringe with a plastic sharp tip when my wife got her wisdom teeth removed. swiped it from the bathroom :biggrin:

Suck up some kalk and poke the syringe into the mushrooom and inject away. All gone the next day.

hawk
10-13-2004, 10:27 PM
I can't see exactly where the mushroom is, but what I do is irritate the shroom a bit so it shrivels up ( amazing how small they can get) then I use a piece of epoxy putty and cover it. After awhile the shroom may start to poke out a bit if theres an opening, so more putty may be needed. The epoxy is pretty easy to pry off when the job is done.