PDA

View Full Version : Help Finding Tilefish and Powder Blue

Zentof
09-26-2015, 07:22 PM
I have now been looking for over a year for a Purple or Flashing Tilefish (Hoplolatilus chlupatyi ) . I once owned one early in the hobby but it succumbed to ich before I knew to quaratine. It was my favorite fish ever and I can't find one ANYWHERE.
Does anyone know a possible source? I've been trying Quality Marine and J and L Aquatics (where I got my first one) with no success.
Also seeking a Powder Blue Tang to replace my ravenous Regal Angel. Thanks.

rsisvixen
09-26-2015, 11:29 PM
JL has a powder blue in their new and noteworthy page

spit.fire
09-26-2015, 11:32 PM
tilefish dont do will with quarantine, most stores dont bring them in or stock them because they're a very difficult fish to keep alive

Zentof
09-27-2015, 03:47 AM
Thanks I noticed right after I wrote the request. Reserved the J and L one . Now I want to see if I can split a shipping cost with someone to Victoria, otherwise I'll just bite the bullet. We normally have at least one person heading to J and L each week..but not this week.

Zentof
09-27-2015, 03:53 AM
tilefish dont do will with quarantine, most stores dont bring them in or stock them because they're a very difficult fish to keep alive
My first one was doing fabulous aggresively hanging in the main water column and eating mysis beside the big boys for quite some time...was the very last to succumb to the ich too..but I was just ignorant to catching and QTing him at that time.
I can see why they might not do well in QT for most people too..can be a shy/skittish fish. I do very well with difficult acclimation's usually. Thanks for the advice though.