PDA

View Full Version : So frustrated with Cg Coral glue

seabreeze
09-16-2015, 05:20 PM
Wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to best keep this stuff after using for the first time. I throw more of the bottle out than what I use! Getting so frustrated! :frusty:

First use is always great, flows out smooth n easy. I always put the cap back on. I maybe get 2 or 3 more uses. The nozzle plugs up... so I end up cutting away more of the nozzle. The remaining product gets super hard to squeeze out, and the glue you do get out is thicker and does not work well to mount frags/corals. Eventually the bottle can't even be squeezed.

I end up throwing away so many partially used bottles.

shiftline
09-16-2015, 05:29 PM
Dont get any water inside the bottle. Use out of tank. Seal cap tightly so it doesnt go bad :)

albert_dao
09-16-2015, 05:29 PM
Keep it in the fridge :)

seabreeze
09-16-2015, 05:40 PM
Dont get any water inside the bottle. Use out of tank. Seal cap tightly so it doesnt go bad :)

I don't get water in bottle, and I do use out of tank (no other way is there? lol) I seal the cap as snug as I can.

Keep it in the fridge :)

Hey Albert.. hope you are enjoying your time away :)

Will try the fridge method.

albert_dao
09-16-2015, 05:48 PM
Hey Albert.. hope you are enjoying your time away :)

ehhhhhh, let's just say the people here have earned every single ounce of their reputation, lol!

AquaAddict
09-16-2015, 06:04 PM
Hi Albert,

I never cut. I use a large sewing/darning needle to clear the nozzle. My glue works every time.

However, that being said, it is very difficult to squeeze it out of the bottle: either too much or none at all. You need strong hands which I don't have.

AquaAddict

WarDog
09-16-2015, 06:24 PM
I don't use the nozzle at all. I unscrew the cap and use an old salifert measuring spoon to extract glue. A few squeezes of the bottle and it brings fresh glue to the top every time. Never had a problem yet, but I do use it sparingly.

rishu_pepper
09-16-2015, 06:38 PM
Hi Albert,

I never cut. I use a large sewing/darning needle to clear the nozzle. My glue works every time.

However, that being said, it is very difficult to squeeze it out of the bottle: either too much or none at all. You need strong hands which I don't have.

AquaAddict

This is my experience and method as well. The product itself is efficient enough for attaching frags to plugs.

albert_dao
09-16-2015, 06:40 PM
Hi Albert,

AquaAddict

<__<

I think you meant to address OP about this, not me haha.

Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, but the lid is self cleaning? I use the huge bottles of the stuff and never have any issues with it.

That said, it's not my go to product for gluing anything other than zoas and palys these days. I much prefer secret sauce cement.

Myka
09-16-2015, 06:55 PM
Mine dry up too. I use them all the time with my business and I never get to the bottom before it dries up. I can use the nozzle a few times then it's plugged then I use a kabob stick and spoon it out then eventually it dries up.

input80
09-16-2015, 07:30 PM
<__<

I much prefer secret sauce cement.

Ummmm, you gotta share this info please Albert :)

albert_dao
09-16-2015, 07:55 PM
Ummmm, you gotta share this info please Albert :)

I have... like a million times. Msg spit.fire. He's got a lot of it :D

hillegom
09-16-2015, 08:07 PM
I use Boston aqua glue. I had trouble at first with the nozzle plugging up. So I put a needle in, which has been suggested.
I keep my glue in the freezer. TomR suggested this to me and it works. Its a pain to use cold, so I have to thaw it everytime I use it.
I don't use it often, but I use it as well for household broken things. I estimate I have had it for 3-5 years, its been so long I don't remember. Use it maybe 6 times a year, if that helps.
It does not freeze, just gets very thick and non running

Craigdillman
09-16-2015, 10:08 PM
Tried everything and you know what works the best ....

Dollar store 1$ super glue ... use it a few times it runs out then open a new one

all the other bigger tubes get stuck shut or glued or dry up IMO so much better to by a small tube use it and toss it when its done for 1$ cause usually i am gluing a few things and the tube is gone by the time I'm done (re glueing frags the urchin took off) or making new frags

Just my 2 cents

The Guy
09-16-2015, 10:50 PM
Tried everything and you know what works the best ....

Dollar store 1$ super glue ... use it a few times it runs out then open a new one

all the other bigger tubes get stuck shut or glued or dry up IMO so much better to by a small tube use it and toss it when its done for 1$ cause usually i am gluing a few things and the tube is gone by the time I'm done (re glueing frags the urchin took off) or making new frags

Just my 2 cents
I usually use the small tubes from the dollar store and it worked well for me.
The last time at J&L I bought a bottle of the Cg coral glue with the self cleaning nozzle "YA RIGHT" after I used it once I now can't get the cap off the nozzle any more, so it should be called plastic glue. So now I just use a salifert spoon to get it out of the bottle, 75ml bottle for $25.95. I should have just kept using the the dollar store glue.
But you know what they say hind sight is 20/20. :mmph:

albert_dao
09-16-2015, 11:01 PM
Just put the bottles into the fridge guys! Coral Glue is a great product, I've used more bottles of it than most (20+ of the 75mL and at least five of the 295 mL) and haven't had a single issue with any of them them. Works great for normal super glue gels also.

JmeJReefer
09-17-2015, 03:27 AM
Just put the bottles into the fridge guys! Coral Glue is a great product, I've used more bottles of it than most (20+ of the 75mL and at least five of the 295 mL) and haven't had a single issue with any of them them. Works great for normal super glue gels also.

+1

gregzz4
09-17-2015, 04:22 AM
I used to keep my CG in the fridge but stopped doing it a year or more ago as I was tired of waiting for it to warm up.
I just wipe off the tip with a paper towel and screw the cap back on.
Bottles last me forever this way.

And for the comments about use under water;
It is doable and I've done it. You just need to keep squeezing while you remove the bottle from your tank and squeeze it on some paper towel. This will clear the water from the tip and then store it as above.