PDA

View Full Version : SR Lightning Maroon Clownfish

Stnbrgn
09-14-2015, 01:41 AM
Over the weekend I acquired 3 clownfish, one being a Gold Nugget Maroon from Proaquatix and the final two are Sea & Reef Aquaculture F2 Gen Lightning Maroon clowns. All these clowns are juviniles the lightning clowns are 1.5" and the gold nugget clown is just a shy shorter at 1.25". At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to pair the two lightning clowns up or go a gold nugget x lightning pair. As of right now I'm thinking I'll pair the gold nugget and Lightning as they already get along quite nicely so there may be a lightning clownfish available in the for sale forum soon. I tried uploading some videos as they are better than the pictures from my note 4. If anyone could help me upload the videos that would be great.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
09-14-2015, 03:52 AM
Wow those fantastic fish must have set you back a pretty penny. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

somafish
09-14-2015, 04:18 AM
What would you charge for the lightning?

Stnbrgn
09-14-2015, 12:23 PM
Wow those fantastic fish must have set you back a pretty penny. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
Thanks, yes they weren't cheap, but worth the price tag and work it took to get them here. Such a beautiful fish, theyre much better in person.

What would you charge for the lightning?
I haven't quite decided if I'm going to be be selling or not, if I do the remaining lightning will run ~$500 or I'd consider a trade for a nice carpet anemone as well.

Myka
09-14-2015, 12:58 PM
The pricing sure has come down since the first release. Lucky for us we can afford them now! :D Nice fishies! It looks like they've been doing a good job shredding each others' fins. :D

Stnbrgn
09-14-2015, 03:06 PM
The pricing sure has come down since the first release. Lucky for us we can afford them now! :D Nice fishies! It looks like they've been doing a good job shredding each others' fins. :D
Thankfully these Clowns have become much more affordable so more people can enjoy these amazing fish. Still not the easiest fish to get your hands on in canada. Yeah unfortuantely, while acclimating one of the lightnings jumped his barrier when i had left for 20 minutes to get a ball valve. The two lightnings had a go at it, thankfully there was minimum damage to either fish :).

somafish
09-14-2015, 03:27 PM
You guys are clown fanatics, how much do McCulloch clowns cost?

Myka
09-14-2015, 03:35 PM
You guys are clown fanatics, how much do McCulloch clowns cost?

As of recent, I think they are around $800 each. I remember a few years ago I was offered a breeding pair in Australia for US$3500 (our dollar was on par then), and I almost went for it. That was before any juveniles had been offered for sale anywhere.

somafish
09-14-2015, 04:01 PM
I had a pair that were sold to me for $200!! For both

somafish
09-14-2015, 04:02 PM
The photo sucks (lost my phone with the good ones) but you can make out the pale blue face/tale and single short line on the neck

somafish
09-14-2015, 04:08 PM
Sorry, not trying to high jack the thread just wanted to share my brush with a rare clownfish

Myka
09-15-2015, 03:35 AM
Nice! Where'd you get them from? I didn't realize you were into breeding.

OP, are you into breeding too?

somafish
09-15-2015, 04:06 AM
Pisces pet store Calgary, they didn't know what they were lol. I use to breed but I lost the McCulloch's, and 2 other pairs to brooklynella and slowly sold off the other pairs