PDA

View Full Version : New Dive video

Snappy
09-12-2015, 05:27 PM
If/when you have 28 minutes to spare please check out my new YouTube video from several Puerto Vallarta area dives last week. If you take the time to watch it through I think you may be surprized at the colors and the amount of corals & fish it contains. NPS coral heaven!
Turn on your speakers, switch to HD full screen mode, kick back and enjoy. I hope you'll like it.
https://youtu.be/NNGE5ljUVlY

The video was shot with a GoPro Hero3+ using color filter and macro lens.

Doug
09-12-2015, 07:32 PM
Outstanding video Greg. I made it 3/4 of the way.Going to watch it all on my 22in Mac screen later. Love all the eels. Thanks for sharing with us.

Like watching a tv program on reefs. :smile:

maron6977
09-12-2015, 09:43 PM
Nice job . Looked like fun

daplatapus
09-13-2015, 03:48 PM
Great shots Greg! Love the ray's. Looks like you had good viz. Hopefully I'm headed down that way in Jan. but the viz isn't great that time of year :(
Did you have any lighting with your camera? Or was that all ambient?

Snappy
09-14-2015, 04:40 AM
Outstanding video Greg. I made it 3/4 of the way.Going to watch it all on my 22in Mac screen later. Love all the eels. Thanks for sharing with us.

Like watching a tv program on reefs. :smile:
Thanks Doug

Nice job . Looked like fun
Thanks, always a blast.

Great shots Greg! Love the ray's. Looks like you had good viz. Hopefully I'm headed down that way in Jan. but the viz isn't great that time of year :(
Did you have any lighting with your camera? Or was that all ambient?

Thanks, yeah visibility is usually the best from June through Nov. All lighting is natural. The best diving to see corals and a pristine reef is at El Morro (far north side of the bay) and Chimo (far south side) - when the conditions are good they are a fantastic dive - but if you go with the right dive shop and tell them what you want to see they should still be able to provide a good experience at other locations. I recommend Twin Dolphins - talk to my buddy Giovanni and tell him Greg from Calgary referred you. I would stay away from Chico's and Vallarta Adventure, etc.

reefan
09-18-2015, 02:39 AM
Sweet! looks like some great diving.

hillegom
09-18-2015, 06:06 AM
Thanks Greg
I enjoyed the whole show.
What depth is most of that shot at?
And please could I have the model # of the filter?
Sure brings out the colour.
Thanks

Snappy
09-19-2015, 06:26 AM
Thanks Greg
I enjoyed the whole show.
What depth is most of that shot at?
And please could I have the model # of the filter?
Sure brings out the colour.
Thanks

Thanks. The depths varied a lot from site to site. The more colorful area (El Morro) ranged from 80 - 40 feet along the wall and the pinnacles were 60 - 40feet deep I think. Devil's Canyon at Los Arcos is a deeper dive, 90 - 110 feet with quite a few of the (BTP & PTP) "black coral" colonies.
This is similar to what I have but my macro lens is stronger - works with the optional dive case not the water proof case that comes with the camera.
http://www.amazon.ca/SwitchBlade-GoPro-Hero3-Filter-Aqua3-Scuba/dp/B00GV8QNYM/ref=pd_sim_421_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1TBCV2ZVY55VRPN8CDND

Snappy
09-19-2015, 06:30 AM
Sweet! looks like some great diving.

Thanks