PDA

View Full Version : Battled against cyano and won

rishu_pepper
09-09-2015, 10:05 PM
Before the summer, my tank started to see some cyano. First it was patches and later on it went full blown in the tank. Tried every thing like regular manual removal, lights out for 3 days, complete blackout 3 days, reduced feeding, more flow, wetter skimming, you name it, nothing worked. It would always come back, stronger than before. I was very close to using Chemi-Clean which was sitting in my drawer, but threads stating their negativity towards beneficial bacteria and its long term effect always held me back.

It was then Albert suggested the usage of KZ's A-Balance and CyanoClean as a solution. After the initial dosage, I hadn't seen any difference in a couple weeks (the bottle stated "2 days"), so at first I was skeptical, but then it started to work its magic and now my tank is almost completely clear of it. From completely covered in every spot on the sandbed and LR, this is a massive improvement.

I have stopped dosing both since last week just to see if it will go away entirely, if not, I will continue dosing.

Just wanted to let fellow reefers know of these two great products that clearly worked in my favour. They don't come cheap but the results don't lie. Hope this helps any future problems you may run into.

Dearth
09-10-2015, 01:06 AM
Will have to keep that in mind next time the cyano blooms mine is finally starting to disappear with aggressive vinegar dosing

rishu_pepper
09-10-2015, 02:38 AM
Will have to keep that in mind next time the cyano blooms mine is finally starting to disappear with aggressive vinegar dosing

Funnily, I did not mention; while I had always been vinegar dosing (pretty aggressively also), I then started the A-balance/CyanoClean combo, and when it wasn't showing results, Albert told me to cut the vinegar and then within a few days, cyano started its demise. Just my experience.