PDA

View Full Version : Precise Meeting Time

canadawest
08-30-2001, 12:42 AM
OK, I've submitted my preference in the survey.

Regardless of whichever date is finally voted on, I will propose that we hold the meeting at around 2pm on that day. This will allow people a chance to sleep in, run errands, church (if Sunday) etc in the morning and also give us a full afternoon ahead to meet. What do you think?

Not only will I contribute the use of my home for the first meeting, I'll also spark up the BBQ and cook up some hamburgers and hot dogs for the attendies. When you email me for the address, let me know if there is something you'd be able to bring (aka pop, chips, etc)

And how does everyone feel about bringing spouses and children? If we could get a consensus on that, as it might be easier for some members to get out of the house if they make it a "family outing"? Or on the other hand maybe it's only us that are this addicted, and our spouses could care less or would love to see you out of the house for a couple hours? images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (I have no kids myself, but have a large back yard and two lovable rottweilers that will keep any children entertained!)

Please voice your opinions publically in this topic so I can make final decisions.

Please RSVP by private email if attending!
tropicalfish@telus.net

titus
08-30-2001, 04:22 AM
Hello,

Andrew B, aka 'canadawest', has nominated himself to host the first meeting of all.

Now let's help Andrew out by figuring out which weekend date you can show up. You can do this by filling the Precise Survey at:

Precise Meeting Survey (http://www.canreef.com/survey/index.htm)

For security and privacy reasons, it's better to e-mail Andrew yourself for his address.

To alleviate the host from answering many e-mails about the address, the survey forms in the future should allow us to enter our name and e-mail address, then those who will show up will be e-mailed the exact address.

Titus

titus
08-30-2001, 04:27 AM
Hello Andrew,

Please monitor the Survey. When it's the right moment to finalized the date, make an anncouncement by posting a separate topic.

For your information, my job is on the weekends and the first date is 8 Sept 01. So depending on what date the other members want to meet, I may or may not be able show up.

Titus

DJ88
08-30-2001, 04:37 AM
Ok I put my two bits in.. images/smiles/icon_smile.gif thing is I am prettymuch free any weekend.. images/smiles/icon_smile.gif so I selected the 8th, or was it the 9th? oh well.. images/smiles/icon_smile.gif I can show up at anytime.. images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ruck'n'reefer
08-30-2001, 10:47 AM
Sounds good! Depending on how many are coming, family may make it a large gathering. Just MO.

Has/is anyone setting up an agenda for the meeting. Anything we should prepare for. :0)

titus
08-30-2001, 03:43 PM
Hello Andrew,

Very thoughtful for the BBQ.
As for the meeting date, you know you are the one who makes the final call, right? At this moment, there have only been 1/3 of the people filled in the precise survey. Hopefully, by mid next week the majority have voted and you can make the decision. In any event, if I don't have work that weekend, I'll be coming.
Hey does your dogs bite? I have a thing about dogs.

Titus

canadawest
08-30-2001, 10:57 PM
Hey Titus,

No the dogs dont bite, and once they get to know you they'll probably never leave you alone. Especially if you're holding food!

Rob, I also thought that maybe it might be too big a gathering if family came out too, but we'll see what the majority prefers I guess. I don't care either way. As for an agenda, nope nothing planned here. Just figure with friends, food and fish (The three "f's" we'd have a good time?)

canadawest
08-30-2001, 10:58 PM
Ohhh, yeah... frags!

So that makes it the four "F's"

Friends, food, fish and FRAGS!

SuperFudge
08-31-2001, 11:10 AM
Thanks Andrew for the hosting....

I would love to bring the family,but im afraid they just dont see it like i do....so it looks like itll be just me this time around images/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

I could bring some soft coral and sps frags(will be newly attached though)
BUT.... they will be only for those of you that already have flatworms..heh.

How many would be appropriate?

I also could bring some food or what have you,(and a six pack)...i promise i dont get obnoxious images/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

I am not opposed to any weekend day,but couldnt submit two or more days on the survey.

Sounds like fun,Marc.

canadawest
08-31-2001, 11:43 AM
I will probably be interested in soft corals or LPS corals that are brought. I have one SPS coral that so far is doing ok, but I don't want to keep any more until (if) I get MH lighting.

Sure bring a 6-pack, but remember that the host gets 1 beer from every six-pack brought(hosting tax). Whatever food item you'd like to contribute will be fine.

As for family, we'll it looks like being politically correct is paying off. I made the offer, but it doesn't sound like anyone is interested in bringing family (or perhaps more acurately, family is not interested in coming?) It is still an open invitation though, and if you'd like to bring your spouse/family please do so.

Keep up that voting! I will likely make the final decision on Tuesday, after the long weekend.

Troy F
08-31-2001, 05:35 PM
Any weekend day/evening is good for me as long as there isn't a Mann Cup game (GO ADANACS).

DJ88
09-01-2001, 11:19 AM
Well I am able to go anytime.. Now that I am here I can do pretty much anything that is suggested.. I think the 6 pack is good.. I'll be sure to bring an extra for the tax..

lol

Can't wait guys.. can't wait.. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

farmerjo90
09-06-2001, 05:31 PM
I work every weekend too. So I may never be able to make it unless I'm on holidays (sniff, sniff).