PDA

View Full Version : help live rock

skylarlust
08-26-2015, 10:13 PM
i have a lot of purple on my live rock and i now that it is relay good for the tank but the rock is changing colour to white can anyone please tell me why

Portuguesenrg
08-26-2015, 10:39 PM
Your Caroline alge is dying / decloring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hillegom
08-26-2015, 11:15 PM
Did you change the lighting? Maybe the calcium/magnesium balance is out of whack. Check your levels.
Some people love their coraline algae, others curse it.

skylarlust
08-26-2015, 11:36 PM
is the coraline algae good for growing soft corals. i like the way it looks but if it dose not help the coral grow then i dont realy want it`. and yes i did just change the light .

skylarlust
08-26-2015, 11:38 PM
is the coroline algae good for growing soft corals. i like the way it looks but if it dose not help the coral grow then i dont really want it

Slyguy00
08-27-2015, 12:20 AM
Like it or not, there isnt much you are gonna do to stop coraline algae from forming. If your system is healthy you will have coraline.

gregzz4
08-27-2015, 05:15 AM
Did you change the lighting? Maybe the calcium/magnesium balance is out of whack. Check your levels.
It's been asked already ... http://emojipop.net/data/images/emoji_set_650.png ... but you didn't give us details.

You changed your lighting from what to what ?

Check your Alk, Ca and Mag levels.
If your levels are low/out of balance your coralline will die out.

Craigdillman
08-27-2015, 07:34 AM
Yea as above post us some details about your system

How old ?
Hog big ?
What lights ?
What are parameters ?
Any live stock yet?

This will help us answer your question , my gut feeling is tank is super new and cycling and coralline can die out a bit or lights are a lot brighter than tank you bought live rock from and its bleaching both are fine , but If it's been running for a while and this starting to happen different story