PDA

View Full Version : Gas powered RC cars

kuatto
10-10-2004, 04:10 AM
Anyone have a rc car that runs on gas/nitro fuel?
Where can I find good info on the hobby?
Thanks.

Invigor
10-10-2004, 04:22 AM
i want a helicopter, always have!!
there's a shop here in Regina, can't remember what it's called, they do all that kinda stuff...there's a wack load of magazines too, drop by a store with a wide array of magazines, there's some RC magazines that are fairly decent!

Canadian Man
10-10-2004, 04:33 AM
I used to be into RC cars :lol: :rolleyes:
MONEY PIT. More so than my reef tank if you can believe that :biggrin:

Anyway find your local rc car shops and go find out which is the best and your set.

Durring the winter there is usually indoor on road racing. Renting the unused floor of a building was the way it's done.

Have fun

kuatto
10-10-2004, 07:16 PM
Yea,definitely a big money pit.Just tired of having to buy several battery packs to run the car for more than 30 minutes with my son.We seen a couple of gas cars in the parking lot,top speeds of 50 miles an hour :eek:
I figured I'd switch over after a deal I made with my son to take car of his rc cars for a year or two,and I feel bad about shorting out the circiut card on the car after trying to re-solder the antenna :redface:
Thinking about buying a kit and build it togather.Found a site for a RC club here in Edmonton,have to do some research.

Canadian Man
10-11-2004, 02:00 AM
My onroad car I used to have (battery powered) toped out at about 78kph on flat road :lol:

That is with a Mod motor and a pinion that was way to large for the battery and motor. If I didn't drive it extra smooth my batteries would get so hot they would melt all the connections between the cells. :redface:

All that for more speed

Chad
10-11-2004, 03:11 AM
I got a 6 foot trainer airplane I still have not finished putting together... If anyone can tell me a good way to remove the twist in the fusilage I would greatly appreciate it!

Delphinus
10-12-2004, 04:48 PM
If I didn't drive it extra smooth my batteries would get so hot they would melt all the connections between the cells. :redface:

All that for more speed

Sounds like a classic Tim Taylor moment. :lol:

I love RC too, but, have tried to stay away from it because I know how much money I'll lose at it ... Doesn't help when you get all confused when you drive back towards you and now left is right and right is left and ... ooops that's gonna leave a mark ....

My brother got into RC planes and gliders and such ... now THAT's some cool stuff too. Alas I have been banned from touching his stuff. Sheesh, crash a plane just once ..... :lol:

Dabbler
10-13-2004, 03:17 PM
Here is a place to start lookin. I found them on the web and they are on the south side
http://www.greathobbies.com/frame_index.html
Take a look. I have never been in there just drooled on there site :lol:

Buccaneer
10-13-2004, 03:51 PM
Sheesh, crash a plane just once ..... :lol:

Heh ... Tony ... That reminds me of a joke I heard once ( hope it is not too far out there for public consumption :wink: )

An old man was sitting in a bar telling his problems to a stranger, He said "Look out of the window towards the harbour, you see all those boats, I built most of them but do they call me Moshi the boat builder?

No

Look out of the other window, you see all those houses on the hill, I built most of them but do they call me Moshi the house builder?

No.

You shag one sheep and what happens.

:mrgreen: