PDA

View Full Version : Aptasia eating Berghia nudis for sale GVRD

vanreefer
08-25-2015, 04:32 PM
Hi
I have some aptasia eating berghia for sale $15/ea
Please PM with interest
Not shipping at the moment (don't have the time)
Thanks for looking
VR

vanreefer
08-28-2015, 03:25 AM
Bump

piusma
08-31-2015, 10:45 AM
I have always wanted to ask, do I have to worry about them getting eaten by my fish? I have a couple of Aptiasia in my nano but I don't want to make it an expensive dinner. Also not sure what to do to it if it finished eating the existing aptiasia in the tank. Please educate me. Thanks.

vanreefer
08-31-2015, 06:50 PM
I have always wanted to ask, do I have to worry about them getting eaten by my fish? I have a couple of Aptiasia in my nano but I don't want to make it an expensive dinner. Also not sure what to do to it if it finished eating the existing aptiasia in the tank. Please educate me. Thanks.

It is possible that a fish could harm a berghia enough that it would die but I am not aware of any fish that eat them. The berghia take on the stinging properties of the Aptasia when they consume them so any thing that bites them will likely let go immediately. Like most nudibranches The berghia have a specialized diet and only eat aptasia once the aptasia is gone they die off. You could find them (tho almost impossible) and give them to another another reefer.
Cheers
VR

vanreefer
09-04-2015, 03:50 AM
Bump up

Wheelman76
09-04-2015, 05:35 AM
In response to Piusma's question , I have found that once the aptasia are all gone you will usually start to see the berghia more often as they get desperate to find a source of food. During this time I often see them on the glass where you can easily (but gently) use a turkey Baster to suck them up and put them into a container to either give away , or re sell to someone else.

I've bought berghia from Dan in the past and they were all good size, and have done a great job ridding the aptasia in my tank.

vanreefer
09-06-2015, 03:37 AM
Thanks Jess.. Glad they did the trick for u... Amazing little creatures

input80
09-06-2015, 04:50 AM
Whereabouts in Surrey are you please & how many do you have, might need about 6?
Please text/call 778-238-9269.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
09-06-2015, 05:07 AM
He's in South Surrey/White Rock and he had more than six when I was there last week.

vanreefer
09-08-2015, 05:41 PM
Bump up for a few remaining