PDA

View Full Version : Fish addition... need advise....

hfp75
08-18-2015, 08:29 PM
Well after swapping around my tanks and selling a few fish everything was doing great... I have recently noticed that my two clowns were getting beat up..... I moved them to the sump....

What I observed was that my 3 Cherub (Pygmy) Angels are bullys!!! It is an aggressive male and 2x semi aggressive females that work together.... they are like wolf pack... all three get along nicely together but dont seem to like anything else.....

I need a new dominant fish for the tank.... that can hold their own against the three angels, provide a bit of a challenge for the angels and wont kill everything else.....

I am considering....

Blue Devil Damsel - same colors and might be a bit too aggressive...
Three or four stripe damsel - similar colors to my 2 Bengali Cardinals (which are peaceful).
Golden Domino Damsel - Different colors and might just do the trick - where to find one ?
Maybe a three spot damsel ?

Those are all damsels.... at the same time to ensure that there is a re-balance of power....

SixLine wrasse or a Pinkface wrasse ?

anyone got an agressive or dominant fish that they are getting rid of ?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-19-2015, 01:53 AM
Sounds like you have a "breeding" group of cherubs, which means they will be aggressive (like freshwater cichlids) in all likelihood.

hfp75
08-19-2015, 07:24 AM
You could very well be correct. These fish were together in another tank quite successfully before the move.....

Now they are a terror on wheels, I just removed my dragonet that was cowering in a corner.....

It's crazy...

I used to have a large melarnus wrasse that would tango with the male cherub.... The wrasse was the dominant one - I think mostly due to him size.... But for change I sold him off....... Ooooops

Ryanerickson
08-19-2015, 05:34 PM
I'm no expert on fish but wouldn't adding any small fish to that mix just result in death. I would get rid of the problem the Angels rather then gamble with throwing more fish in.