PDA

View Full Version : Elegance Coral vs Foxface

intarsiabox
08-17-2015, 10:46 PM
I have some type of hair algae in my tank that just grows in little tufts here and there and feels like tooth brush bristles, not sure what it is. Snails and hermits don't touch it and it's hard to grab because it stays short. So I put a little 3" one spot foxface in to see if he would eat it. Well I think he got curious to what that little hole in the middle of the coral was and stuck his head in. He was only half way in when I got home and I was going to ask if I should try to remove it or not but all that's sticking out now is the tail fin and I'm worried the spines on the dorsal fin will tear the coral. The stupid coral hasn't eaten so much as a single mysis in 4 months but managed to gobble a whole fish. Grrrr!

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx255/intarsiabox/DSC01704.jpg (http://s761.photobucket.com/user/intarsiabox/media/DSC01704.jpg.html)

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-17-2015, 11:08 PM
Sorry for your loss, but really, that's AWESOME:twised::twised::twised:

[the pic that is]

GoFish
08-17-2015, 11:43 PM
Holy crap! When I first looked at the photo and started reading I was thinking that was the tuft of algae in the middle of the coral you were referring to... RIP foxface :cry:. You're right about the spines and not pulling it out, highly unlikely that fish is breathing anymore anyway, gonna be quite the coral poop in a day or 2!

hfp75
08-17-2015, 11:45 PM
:lol:

I've always likes the elegance corals....

I'll bet the coral will be just fine...

PS - It might not need to eat again for a little while...

intarsiabox
08-18-2015, 01:15 AM
I was pretty surprised that the corals mouth could even open up that wide. Does anyone think the venom in the fins would cause a problem for the coral? So far it's looking pretty pleased with itself.

FishyFishy!
08-18-2015, 01:58 AM
Thats crazy! I, too thought that the algae was in the middle hahaha. Poor little guy.

Bblinks
08-18-2015, 07:05 PM
That's one gourmet meal for the elegance. sorry for the lost but it is pretty dang cool.

intarsiabox
08-19-2015, 03:29 AM
Spit out mostly a skeleton tonight, I guess no ill effect on the coral.