PDA

View Full Version : shipping speeds

Invigor
10-07-2004, 10:35 PM
how long do you think it would take xpresspost to ship 2 MH bulbs from ontario to saskatchewan?

Richer
10-07-2004, 11:10 PM
Depends on where the package is coming out from, to where its going... assuming that its coming from a major area in Ontario, it should take 2-3 days to reach Regina. I used xpresspost to ship chaetomorpha from Edmonton to Prince Rupert and it took a couple of days... I believe the chaeto went through the experience still green. Check out www.canadapost.ca for more info... or talk to the people at your local post office (LPO? :mrgreen: )

-Richer

Invigor
10-08-2004, 01:09 AM
I paid $20 for xpresspost to deliver 2MH bulbs from aquaria canada(leaving today, oct 7) to me in Regina. Canadapost says it'll be here on the 14th.

:mad:

This was also due to a day delay before leaving due to the unavailability of the 14k bulbs...I ordered them yesturday, they were shipped today.

I paid the extra bit so I could have them and work with them on the weekend..but now I don't get them till next weekend. I hope they're not broken!

Quinn
10-08-2004, 01:45 AM
Did you see what it would have cost to get them sent via UPS or Fedex? Either way the weekend comes into play and slows things down.

AndyL
10-08-2004, 02:35 AM
Have shipped a lot of plants this summer... By xpresspost and by purolator.

From what I've seen, half the time I wonder why I've paid extra for xpresspost - (I forgot to include a receipt in one package - mailed it regular mail the next day - the receipt arrived before the package).

For most stuff I just ship it purolator, nice to be able to track it - and it always seems to arrive on time (generally 3 days to ontario from me - and fort mcmurray ain't exactly a major hub). 9$ for expresspost vs 16 for a puroletter 20ish for a puropak.

Andy

BMW Rider
10-08-2004, 02:59 AM
I recently mailed a package from Calgary to Portland Maine. I sent it via air mail and it arrived in 6 days - over a weekend. It was not aquarium stuff, just (no longer)used motorcylce parts. I think that sending via Express post gives you more of a guaranteed delivery time, but I'm not sure what it would be, and it may not be any better than regular post either, just the guarantee. Try looking on Canada Post's web site, it may give you a better idea of delivery times.