PDA

View Full Version : BTA split

Corey
10-07-2004, 06:41 PM
Hey all , my BTA split about a month ago. Both are now about the size that the one was when it split. I was just wondering if there is any way to remove one. The trouble is they are still on the same rock that I got the first one on a year ago.

danny zubot
10-08-2004, 03:11 PM
I've tried many times with some success but it all depends on where the foot is. If the foot is in a hole don't even try, if is out in the open you may have some luck. I usually try the tickle method, where you gently try peeling the foot off the rock with your finger. I like to think the anemone lets go eventually because he can't take it anymore, causes some stress though.

BTAs are picky about ligting, you could try placing them in direct light to get them on the move which would make it easier to remove them too.

good luck!

trilinearmipmap
10-08-2004, 07:17 PM
You could try to make him move by blocking out the light over where he is, or directing a powerhead right at him, or blocking out the current near him. If he doesn't like the current or lighting, he might move. You could lay something nearby him that you want him to move onto then lift that up to take him.

Delphinus
10-08-2004, 07:43 PM
Actually, a powerhead pointed at it will work. Just be sure to use a small powerhead as too strong of a stream will risk injury. When I wanted a BTA to move from its current spot (it was attacking a neighbouring anemone ..) I did this and pretty much within the hour it had moved to a different spot. I used a 201 (small powerhead) and adjusted to its minimum setting.

Tickling them off a rock works too (although again, risks injury, but, ...). They attach so strongly that it can be a lengthy chore to get the whole foot to detach, espescially if the rock surface has a lot of texture. So definitely a little patience required. :biggrin: