PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf White line lion

danny zubot
10-07-2004, 02:19 PM
Small white line lion fish, needs a calm tank, very timid. Will trade for other fish or frags. Make me an offer.

RobbAdams
10-07-2004, 02:35 PM
I may be interested I will let you know after I do a little research! Does he need live food, or do you have him eating frozen?

muck
10-07-2004, 02:47 PM
If this is the same Lion as I think it is. You will have to try to train him...

http://www.canreef.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11345

danny zubot
10-07-2004, 03:00 PM
I don't believe it is a matter of training him, I've seen him eat mysis. Its the other inhabitants in my tank that deter him from eating. How can you train a lion fish to compete with 2 zellous clowns for the same food? Perhaps I'm giving up to soon, but I'd rather get rid of hum before he is too far gone.

RobbAdams
10-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Danny, could I have more information on the type of Dwarf lion? I am trying to research him, but there are about 6 differnt species called a dwarf lionfish. A picture would probably be the easiest way to determine the species from my end, if you don't already know this.

danny zubot
10-07-2004, 04:14 PM
Hi Rob, I can never figure out how to post a pic on the forums. Here is the site I found with a great picture of Dendrochirus zebra and it gives a brief decription of it as well.

http://www.amonline.net.au/fishes/students/focus/dendro.htm

EmilyB
10-08-2004, 01:41 AM
The dwarf zebra is the exact fish that I could not get to eat after two months of trying, and great expense. Then he went to Carpentersreef, and I think he never did really do well. Maybe Carp can chime in.

As hesitant as I am to try another one, I do have a quiet spot for him if no one else takes him.

danny zubot
10-08-2004, 02:30 PM
Wow, I didn't think I'd get so much of a response, from the various forums on this issue. Cpt Cleverer Spoke up first and then Deb. (according to the time of posting)
In the buy/sell forum I suggested a trade for frags or fish, or
$25. (paid $40 at Wai's)
I'll let you know what happens Deb, thanks again.

Cap'n
10-08-2004, 11:32 PM
I'm out. Please see other forum.
Thanks