View Full Version : wtb mag 12-18 pump yyc

Skimmer Juice
08-03-2015, 03:57 AM
looking for a mag 12-18 in good condition
just bought one from a guy on kijiji and it does not work

Bobothemonk
08-03-2015, 04:41 AM
There pretty long lasting pumps.

You sure its not just dirty or maybe the propeller is broken?

Skimmer Juice
08-03-2015, 04:56 AM
yeah I took it apart and the propeller has some scoring on it so Im bringing it back to the guy tomorrow . Also the pump does not even make any noise when you plug it in, usually they still make noise when the propeller is stuck. He said he only used it for 6 months . I have been using the same mag pumps on my other tank for upwards of 8 years without ever cleaning them so I trust the pumps reliability .

Bobothemonk
08-03-2015, 05:24 AM
Sometimes when there not getting much use they need a good couple wacks against the ground and they will go. Take it too outlet near door and smack it against the concrete on the corner afew times and it might start right up.

riceboy
08-04-2015, 05:07 AM
Sometimes when there not getting much use they need a good couple wacks against the ground and they will go. Take it too outlet near door and smack it against the concrete on the corner afew times and it might start right up.

Lol I wouldn't smack something I can return on the concrete to try and get it to work. Let alone something as important as a return pump that. Just my 2 cents

lastlight
08-04-2015, 05:55 AM
Lol I wouldn't smack something I can return on the concrete to try and get it to work. Let alone something as important as a return pump that. Just my 2 cents

That may be true but I had one serious chuckle over the suggestion!