PDA

View Full Version : country fans?

Invigor
10-06-2004, 04:11 AM
anyone that listens to country music... brad paisley and alison krauss...wow man, super sweet harmony!

what other kinds of music do reefers listen to?

LostMind
10-06-2004, 05:18 AM
Hip hop.

EmilyB
10-06-2004, 05:36 AM
classic rock :mrgreen:

Delphinus
10-06-2004, 05:49 AM
Just about everything.

I'll come and go through jazz phases, I think that's my favourite.

But classical also . .. and rock .. and hip hop .. and pop .. and techno .. and .. and ... um did I mention "just about everything" ?

Invigor
10-06-2004, 12:35 PM
I'll come and go through jazz phases, I think that's my favourite.

like diana krall and stuff? she rocks!

if you said evreything does that include OPERA?! *shudder*

Canadian Man
10-06-2004, 02:33 PM
anyone that listens to country music... brad paisley and alison krauss...wow man, super sweet harmony!

what other kinds of music do reefers listen to?

Alison Krauss is Fantastic. I have some live shows with her and Union station :eek:

I like all types of music but have a sweet spot for Country/bluegrass.

That new song from Brad Paisley and AK is also a fantastic one. I assume that's the one your talking about.

If you like Alison Krauss then give a listen to Nickle Creek. Produced by Allison Krauss under Sugar hill records. Also Fantastic.

Delphinus
10-06-2004, 02:37 PM
like diana krall and stuff? she rocks!

I have every CD she's ever produced. She has an amazing voice.

if you said evreything does that include OPERA?! *shudder*

Wellll ... I said "just about everything". Some opera is OK, there are a few important pieces produced over the ages that are good to see at least once. For the most part though I find it a bit .. hmmm .. not my thing.

BMW Rider
10-06-2004, 03:16 PM
Blues and Classic Rock. Led Zeppelin is probably my all time favourite. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Cap'n
10-06-2004, 10:37 PM
Everything except pop, commercial stuff.

I am a music junkie with incredibly varied taste. I enjoy radio stations that don't pigeon-hole themselves into one category of music, such as CJSW (U of C station), CKUA and CBC.

I prefer the question, "What are you listening to these days?". For me that would be Apocalyptica (Metallica by cello), The Distillers (grlpunk), Dick Dale (surf guitar), The Descendants (old school punk), Stan Rogers (folk), Bill Laswell (dub), John Lee Hooker (blues), T-Model-Ford (new blues), and Ween (my all time fave).

Invigor
10-06-2004, 10:41 PM
http://www.johnsfish.ca/g303/images/johnandjoe.jpg

^^ my all time fav :D
I got to meet steve vai and yngwie malmsteen that night too!

I don't listen to the radio because Regina radio sucks hard! but when I do, it's cbc radio 2 or cbc francais, even tho i don't speak french, they have nice tunes.

Quinn
10-06-2004, 11:20 PM
In the past year or so my tastes have really diversified, I've been listening to stuff from just about every genre. Can't say I like country but there are a few songs I can handle. Recently discovered REM as well as a alternative metal-type group called VAST so I've been listening to them, along with alternative rock and 80s new wave.

While we're on the topic, I'll push my latest thing (got elected to the Board of Directors :smile: ) - if you guys are into eclectic radio, check out CKXU, the University of Lethbridge's radio station, 88.3FM if you're ever in the area, or more conveniently, Shoutcast via Winamp or RealAudio from http://www.ckxu.com. There's a huge variety of music including country and a show devoted to bluegrass (three hours of it on Friday mornings), right through to punk and hip-hop. The only thing we don't play is anything that's been in the top 40 in the past 50 years. I'm not doing a regular program this term, just doing a few guest slots, but next term I'll likely have a weekly.

Invigor, Steve Vai is very cool. I do prefer Satch though. :mrgreen:

albert_dao
10-07-2004, 03:26 AM
I love country!

Anyway, I also listen to a lot of Canto and Korean pop. Music is always a bit better if you don't understand the lyrics...

Quinn
10-07-2004, 03:31 AM
You know, that's a good point. The other day I was listening to french and arabic hip-hop. I enjoyed it much more than the American stuff. British hip-hop is also interesting (The Streets, Rodney P, etc., if anyone is familiar with it).

LostMind
10-07-2004, 05:13 AM
ahh, look for korean and taiwanese hip hop then. I think there are also a few decent japanese hip hop groups.

There is this one korean chick though.... I cant recall her name but she is really good. My friend had her cd.... doh, I hate it when I forget stuff.

Anyways, check out the asian hip hop scene. It's kinda cool in a way.

albert_dao
10-07-2004, 11:05 AM
ahh, look for korean and taiwanese hip hop then. I think there are also a few decent japanese hip hop groups.

There is this one korean chick though.... I cant recall her name but she is really good. My friend had her cd.... doh, I hate it when I forget stuff.

Anyways, check out the asian hip hop scene. It's kinda cool in a way.

Are you talking about BoA?