PDA

View Full Version : Initial thoughts jaebo rw8s

e46er
07-22-2015, 01:01 AM
In my transition from a mixed tank to full SPS I figure some controllable powerhead would be a good investment. Since Im poor and cant afford tunze or vortechs, the Jaebo pumps seemed like the way to go. I ended up grabbing 2 RW8s which do 180-2100 gph

initial thoughts- WOW these things move a lot of water. I had a huge wave going in no time! Ive set it to random mode for now tho until I can play with it a bit when Ill be home for a while.
Ive put them on each side of the tank centered front to back and 6" down from waterline for starters.

I used to have 2 koralia 1200 gph power heads a snapper return (but carbon and gfo reactors off this) and a snapper CL the 1 snapper needed a seal so i ordered that but cant get the impeller bolt out its rusted in so bad, so its been put on the back burner since everything in the tank seemed ok without it running.

I definitely think even tho I have slightly less GPH now than I did before the CL went offline I think its a lot better flow and by that i mean Its EVERYWHERE no dead spots. hopefully this will be enough flow for SPS but if not I will order another.

the only gripe I have is the cable from the controller to the pump itself is kinda short. I cant get the controllers side by side on 1 side even tho the pump is high up to the waterline. they do the master/slave wirelessly but Ive read the further the controllers are apart the easier they can lose sync and for Aesthetic reasons I would prefer the controllers side by side next to my head unit for the reef keeper. not a huge deal as a 3' extension was only $8 but would have been nice to have an extra foot or 2 on them.

overall Im happy with these so far, $178 including taxes for both to the door. I also have no other controllable power heads to compare them too. Ordered from Reef supplies. great service there as well! the LED lights are backordered but he shipped the power heads right away no extra charge and answered emails back within probably 6 hours on Saturday and sunday nights. packing was awesome they were in 3 boxes !